• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do with a zero feedback new ID bidder?

22 posts in this topic

give him a chance.

I say in my auctions that all zero feedback bidders must email me first before they bid.

Other than that all negative feedback bidders are blocked.. no exceptions

I say in my auctions that all zero feedback bidders must email me first before they bid.

What questions do you ask a zero feedback bidder?

Nothing really just TN and how they intend to pay.

The fact they emailed me shows they read entire auction instuctions.

Make me that much more confident they will pay and follow other instructions

It wasn't changed. I checked the history. He registered on 5/15/07 as a new user.

He's been bidding up a storm on comics & related items. 50 winning bids so far.

that's a little skeptical. maybe contact any of the sellers he may have won from?

remove the bid and block him/her on your blocked bidders list. I always had people email me first if they had low or any neg feedback. I am just saying go with your gut on this one. Good Luck

It wasn't changed. I checked the history. He registered on 5/15/07 as a new user.

He's been bidding up a storm on comics & related items. 50 winning bids so far.

that's a little skeptical. maybe contact any of the sellers he may have won from?

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, see how many of those winning auctions he's paid for so far.

thumbsup2.gif

One of the sellers is a board member. He hasn't paid yet and it's been 9 days.

Any other ideas? poke2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

In which case, you have got to pull his bid and block him...no other alternative, I'm afraid. frown.gif

I've just recently had a new buyer (new that day) with 0 feedback.

I've had other new buyers, and the only things I can think of are..

1: Make sure your buyer has a ''confirmed'' address

2: Add the ''request a signature'' option to the parcel

3: Have some communication with your buyer

4: Check the e-mail address, it may be as generic as ''hotmail'', but it may also be a specific one (research what you have to work with)

thumbsup2.gif

Well, I'm the other board member hi.gif

No contact(I've made repeated attempts..but he doesn't respond) and no money after 11 days...means I filed a NonPaying Bidder today. So you might want to go ahead and block him if he's still bidding.

For the record his ebay handle is flashspeedforce.

If he turns out to be legit and had some kind of a problem, then I'll tell him sorry...but I really don't think thats gonna happen!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Well, I'm the other board member hi.gif

No contact(I've made repeated attempts..but he doesn't respond) and no money after 11 days...means I filed a NonPaying Bidder today. So you might want to go ahead and block him if he's still bidding.

For the record his ebay handle is flashspeedforce.

If he turns out to be legit and had some kind of a problem, then I'll tell him sorry...but I really don't think thats gonna happen!!!

oh sheesh he just won one of my auctions... sign-rantpost.gif

oh sheesh he just won one of my auctions... sign-rantpost.gif

That's okay. You're gonna mail the book to DeeDee anyway, right. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, he seems to be bidding on mainly CGC books and key raw books. So it's not random bidding, but I can't believe that his feedback hasn't taken a hit yet.

Good luck guys, and thanks for the warning...I just added him to my block list. I've had a few zero feedback bidders win my auctions over the past few years, but only one paid...and it was for a CGC 7.5 Hulk 181! 893whatthe.gif The rest were just like this guy...brand new members who win a zillion auctions, don't pay anybody and then get NARU'd within a few weeks. I'm betting most of the people who do this are bored teen-age kids who collect comics but don't have any money.

On the other hand, sometimes zero-feedback bidders can be a good thing...like when they naively place multiple bids on your auctions because they don't understand the concept of proxy bidding or sniping. This is great when it drives the final price up but they don't end up winning! thumbsup2.gif