• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Refined Golden Age Comic Room! Lets see yours!

78 posts in this topic

I'm not a gun owner myself - but thinking of guns and collections - anybody in or visiting LA should check out the Colt firearm collection at the Gene Autry Museum in Griffith Park - very cool! Actually the whole museum is pretty interesting - with great stuff for kids.

I had hoped that many of you would have some amazing rooms full of GA treasures and cool child hood memories/dreams. My room was in the making for a while and had it added to the floor plan when we built our last house, of course it is the only room I have to myself, but my wife picked the couch and the lamp. I myself just can't put my comics in the bank, I need to look at them to much. So I just got a insurance policy and a security system, and called it good.

Paul

I had hoped that many of you would have some amazing rooms full of GA treasures and cool child hood memories/dreams. My room was in the making for a while and had it added to the floor plan when we built our last house, of course it is the only room I have to myself, but my wife picked the couch and the lamp. I myself just can't put my comics in the bank, I need to look at them to much. So I just got a insurance policy and a security system, and called it good.

Paul

I have comic related stuff on display, but, not having a spousal unit, I'm able to spread it throughout the house. Besides making for relatively routine pictures, I don't even own a digital camera. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm technically unqualified to participate in this thread because of the "refined" clause.

My comic room comes under the heading of haunted bookshop. uhoh.gif

Picture the Addams Family comic room and you've got an idea. thumbsup2.gif

I myself just can't put my comics in the bank, I need to look at them to much.

Glad you didn't, I know people who were denied access to their safety deposit boxes after their bank went belly up. They never got the items back. If it's not in your hot little hands, you ain't got it. It's much safer at the house by far.

Well So far your room, trumps all!!!! I could live amongst the piles of GA goodness any day!! I say refined, but its all in the eye of the beholder, and you my friend have a very, very, nice and refinded comic room.

Paul

I myself just can't put my comics in the bank, I need to look at them to much.

Glad you didn't, I know people who were denied access to their safety deposit boxes after their bank went belly up. They never got the items back.

I'd love to hear the legal theory as to why they couldn't get their items back -- assuming they were up to date on their payments. Obviously someone in the bank could drill the box and take the contents but then you would think there'd be a criminal and a civil case that could be pursued.

I'm not a gun owner myself - but thinking of guns and collections - anybody in or visiting LA should check out the Colt firearm collection at the Gene Autry Museum in Griffith Park - very cool! Actually the whole museum is pretty interesting - with great stuff for kids.

I went there years ago when I was a kid. Pretty cool from what I remember. thumbsup2.gif

Paul

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Attaway Paul!!! Bank Shmank!!!

I'd love to hear the legal theory as to why they couldn't get their items back -- assuming they were up to date on their payments. Obviously someone in the bank could drill the box and take the contents but then you would think there'd be a criminal and a civil case that could be pursued.

What's legal and what's actually practiced is two different things sometimes. There are plenty of cases of this type from the banking scandal years ago. That's one thing I learned from my Grandparents, never trust a bank!

Nice room Paul. Hopefully I can tidy mine up a show off a few pix soon.

1821314-Mike0001a.jpg

mike, is that "my" 8.0 bat 47 you are selling me 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

nice!

gator

Paul

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Attaway Paul!!! Bank Shmank!!!

I like it, Bank Shmank! Has a nice ring to it. I am sure there is some who might think it crazy to not bank em, but guys who own great masterpieces of art hang them on their walls. Call me crazy but these are my Masterpieces of Art, and i like to look at them frequently. I may not hang them on the walls, but a quick open of a door and pull of a box....voila! I can look at my masters of art and ooooh and aaaa! my hearts content while dreaming of my next big art purchase