• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Please

17 posts in this topic

There are two books, same issue #.

Both are graded Universal.

One book is a 9.4 Church with White pages, the other is a 9.6 Rockford with Cream/OW pages old label.

The 9.6 is 10% more in price than the 9.4.

Would you go for the grade or the page quality?

For heavenly copies, you'd have to go to Church.

guess it depends on the book....would lean towards a church most any day, but certain books a rockford 9.6 might be desirable

rick

I was leaning toward the 9.4 Church, but was just wondering if there were compelling arguments for the 9.6 Rockford.

It's all part of the "make the choice even harder" plan smile.gif

I'd take a white page 6.0 Church over a 9.9 rockford with cream pages. Just a thing with the colors a page quality.

I began advertising in my catalogs re White Paper being way more important than spine stress bends some years ago. White Paper rules the roost in my mind.

In the earlier CGC days, some were wont to trivialize the concept that a 9.6 anything with less than off white could be less desired than a lesser grade with White Paper. The CGC number seemed to govern all, did not matter to many that the paper inside was not as brilliant.

Good to see the hobby is coming along re archival concepts as a main whole group-think

We think we own this stuff we buy.

What we collectively merely remain are care takers preserving for future generations. How else do you think we do find such stuff in such high grade sometimes many generations old.

Robert Beerbohm

eBay Store: BLBcomics