• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS 39

15 posts in this topic

31 peeks and no opinions?

It's a toughie! I was thinking 2.5, but thought my grade might be totally out to lunch.

31 peeks and no opinions?

Well . . . take it out of the plastic, scan both covers and describe the defects in detail and we can give you an opinion or two. makepoint.gif

restorable to a 4.0, but I'd have a tough time grading it more than a 2.0. If the cover were loose, but not split, the best I've seen CGC grade a book is 2.5 and that's my Marvel Mystery GA book.

have to agree that something in the 2.0 - 3.0 range sounds in order. saw that Hawkman #1 today and it had seemingly fewer overall defects, except for a single popped staple and got a 5.0.

with this much spine stress and a completely split spine for 3/4 of the cover, i'd guess that the opinions offer so far are about right.

having said that, if the split weren't there (and you can't see it anyway) that is a sweet looking copy of a treasured book............ thumbsup2.gif

Whats a sine split? And yes, Im serious insane.gif

well, since you're serious; a SPINE split is simply a separation of the books front and back cover along the spine (left edge when viewing the cover). the split can range from very small (less than a quarter inch) to complete separation of the covers.

this books front and rear covers are separated from just below the top staple all the way down to the bottom edge.