• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

I think I want to get a pic of Batman saving me from the Joker!

I think I want a pic of me taking Gwen from Spidey.

That's dam nice. . . er, I mean, that's nice, Dam. wink.gif I love Norm Breyfogle's stuff.

cloud9.gif

I have some other stuff of his on my site and I would love to get the cover to Batman 465.

DAM

Dam if I would have known it meant so much to you I would've just ripped off the cover of my Batman 465 and given it to you for free. makepoint.gif

Stephen,

From what I heard, a lot of the nice Ross art was sold to overseas collectors and speculators. They are, in some part, responsible for the high prices he places on his art. It's unfortunate, really, as most people who truly love his work simply can't afford it. Frankly, I think his art is overpriced, and may see an adjustment in the market over the next couple years. His "best" art (Marvels, Kingdom Come, Batman, Superman) will remain pricey, though.

Best,