• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

annihilus!

thumbsup2.gif Fantastic Four Annual #6 remains my all-time favorite Lee/Kirby era story from this series. And What If #42 ("What If Susan Richards Had Died During Childbirth?") still sends chills down my spine -- especially the full page splash of a despondent Reed with but a single word ballon: "My life is over" (or something to that effect).

Someone remind me to give Donut a swift kick in the -- errr, I mean a hearty pat on the back -- the next time I see him for making this purchase. grin.gif

Alan

Thomas Frisano, a nice DD painted cover for the french mag "Strange":

ebay\couvstrange164.jpg

the mauler! shocked.gif nice! acclaim.gif i love that issue that bono already stated as DD 167. any reason why there is no DD on DD's chest? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, it's not Picasso's "Boy with a Pipe" tongue.gif, but then again, it was only 1/100,000th the price shocked.gif. A nice double-page splash by penciller Greg Land and original inker Drew Geraci for a CrossGen promotional piece for their "Sojourn" series, featuring all of the principal characters. I don't collect pen & ink comic book artwork anymore (pretty much only collect paintings and pin-ups by Warren artists Gonzalez, Enrich and Sanjulian nowadays), but I really loved this (now apparently-cancelled) series and, when I saw this piece come up for sale, my inner fanboy told me to jump all over it. Can't wait until it arrives this week.

By the way, Tom Fleming at Fanfare Sports & Entertainment (www.fanfare-se.com), who sold me the piece, is a GREAT guy to deal with. I'm sad to say that stand-up dealers like Tom seem to be the exception, not the rule, in the comic art world. Anyway, he has a wide selection of mostly Modern comic art (some Bronze as well) and I would highly recommend dealing with him.

Land%20Sojourn%20Promo%20DPS.jpg

Published version:

476774-Land%20Sojourn%20Promo%20DPS%20published.jpg

589a8b22ea389_476774-LandSojournPromoDPSpublished.jpg.25363aee31b790294c00430c6a158cda.jpg