• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

it seems like original art is a big bussiness. Any third party way to prove some smart guy hasn't faked a drawing? That would suck to pay like 500-1000 bucks on a kirby and then find out some guy named Moe drew it.

it seems like original art is a big bussiness. Any third party way to prove some smart guy hasn't faked a drawing? That would suck to pay like 500-1000 bucks on a kirby and then find out some guy named Moe drew it.

500-1000 for Kirby wouldn't get you very far.

how much do kirbys go for?

Lesser/ later pieces actually do sell in the 300-1000 range. The really good stuff is thousands up to tens of thousands. The EXCEPTIONAL stuff I don't even want to think about as it's both frightening and oddly alluring.

Lesser/ later pieces actually do sell in the 300-1000 range. The really good stuff is thousands up to tens of thousands. The EXCEPTIONAL stuff I don't even want to think about as it's both frightening and oddly alluring.

you know, Bechara has the cover to FF 72 hanging in his living room that i know he paid like 35k for a few years back....wonder what it would sell for now ? - double 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way, Tom Fleming at Fanfare Sports & Entertainment (www.fanfare-se.com), who sold me the piece, is a GREAT guy to deal with. I'm sad to say that stand-up dealers like Tom seem to be the exception, not the rule, in the comic art world. Anyway, he has a wide selection of mostly Modern comic art (some Bronze as well) and I would highly recommend dealing with him.

I'll echo Gene's sentiment. Tom is absolutely top notch. A total professional. I have had a few deals with him now (I actually should be getting a page from him by mail tomorrow), and plan on more in the future. thumbsup2.gif

Excuse the ignorance but what's the basic premise of this book?