• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art appreciation thread

629 posts in this topic

Finally got this in the mail today...it's the cover to Sojourn #25 by Greg Land and Jay Leisten. These guys are so good that it's a shame they don't get the accolades of some bigger name artists with less talent, just because they don't work at Marvel or DC. mad.gif

Anyway, this piece is dedicated to fellow Sojourn fan Cousin Larry (aka MajorKhaos)! thumbsup2.gif

Land%20Sojourn%2025%20cover%203.jpg

That's a freaking INCREDIBLE piece, Balki! Greg Land is an unheralded genius and it truly is a mystery how everyone virtually ignores some of the most beautiful work in comics EVER! Congrats on the purchase... I'm most envious! (I'll stick to my Maguire/Giffen cheapies, tho'. 27_laughing.gif )

Where do you keep these? Do you frame them and hang them??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

GREG LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

I have a couple of my Vampi pieces framed and the rest of my collection (except for a couple of very oversized pieces) are in a couple of those Itoya art portfolios that Rob_React recommended in a recent post. Those portfolios are great...they're cheap, durable, archival and they make it easy to view the art. I have one 11"x17" one and one 18"x24" one for double-page splashes and larger pieces. Definitely recommended!

Gene

Here are my 2 nicvest pieces of original art:

A Hulk page (if anyone can refresh me the issue #, that would be greatly appreciated!):

betterhulksm.jpg

Page 2 of The Mask #1 (the actual first appearance of The Mask itself):

bettermasksm.jpg

I pick up art whenever I can, and I only buy what I like...it doesn't have to be expensive.

What a cool pic to have all the GI JOE pages laid out in one frame ...

If anyone wants to see scans I think I have:

Bishop issue 2, page 21 - Georges Jeanty

Weapon X issue 3, page 8 - Georges Jeanty

+ some Ethan Van Sciver Impulse pages

+ some Randy Green Witchblade & Tomb Raider pages

PLUS I have a bunch of sketch cards inserted into Marvel card sets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3251704888&category=1532

This one is going for at least $3000, I think. Actually I think it will be more like $5000.

I wish I could just get a few pieces of that. There are some other nice Shane Glines auctions up though.

delekkerste: Who is who on that photo?

Nice picture, handsome!

Took the words right out of Greggy's mouth! hi.gif

- D.

PS: I don't really know Greggy, but I do know it is fun to pick on him... grin.gifflowerred.gif

Better than taking bugaboo out of greggy's mouth! blush.gif

Yup, you're right, it is fun picking on greggy...who woulda thought 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Better than taking bugaboo out of greggy's mouth! blush.gif

Yup, you're right, it is fun picking on greggy...who woulda thought 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for picking on greggy. Leave him alone! mad.gif

Hey BOC, news.gif Holloween is over! You can get rid of the pumpkin - and take off your mask! 27_laughing.gif