• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Thanks, Rich! Kudos to you, too! I was able to find some Captain America stuff, some some cartoon episodes on DVD, and wrestling tapes to trade for his autographed WW comic and TPBs. I hope to trade with him again SOON.

Kudos also to Joanna for trading some GREAT silver age Green Lantern, Flash, and Justice League of America comics for the reader copy of Sensation Comics #52 I posted about (and thanks to whomever directed her to the thread about it). She honestly sent more than she received, and I won't forget that.

Kudos to Lighthouse for offering those TPBs at such a great price.

Kudos to drbanner for selling me several nice reading copies at a great price.

Kudos to redhook for hooking me up with some NICE Fantastic Four issues as an engagement present. I will not forget your generosity. I'll buy you that beer the next time I'm in NYC!

And big kudos to Timely for his kindness, generosity, and love for his friend who recently died. I appreciate and respect his efforts to raise money for the funeral. Kudos also to those who have donated to help him. For those who have sent $$$ to me via PayPal, I'll be mailing the check on Friday morning.

Chris

Kudos also to Joanna for trading some GREAT silver age Green Lantern, Flash, and Justice League of America comics for the reader copy of Sensation Comics #52 I posted about (and thanks to whomever directed her to the thread about it). She honestly sent more than she received, and I won't forget that.

My thanks to you, Chris, because now I own a GA Sensation again! In the immortal words of Etta Candy, "Woo Woo!"

-- Joanna

Recent kudoses go out to:

tilleycs

savagetales (double time!)

rob_react (seamless, as usual!)

osborn_france

rshale (I'll get to your last email this weekend!!)

seank

beyonder (not that anything's been paid for mind you, but...)

styxno

gman (I know...I know...)

rickdogg (yep, RD bought some more nice MTU's from me...great guy to work with, buying or selling!)

awe4one (another seamless transaction, and he followed up on an inquiry about some books on my want list - thanks for looking!)

bronzebruce (he does like it raw sometimes 27_laughing.gif)

greggy (for some not-quite "sweet, sweet" tough DC hand-me-downs thumbsup2.gif)

tkg2627 (bought a real nice VF WW 178 from him and noticed the Mylar said "Metropolis Comics VF/NM", but I agree with Vince's assessment!)

tkg2627 (bought a real nice VF WW 178 from him and noticed the Mylar said "Metropolis Comics VF/NM", but I agree with Vince's assessment!)

You agree with Vince or you agree with Vince? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

Very astute...I agree with tkg2627. foreheadslap.gif

Some recent Kudos:

[*]MajorKhaos - The biggest BSD of them all...[*]Joe_Collector - Definitely the nicest guy on the forum...[*]Lantern - Buys so much stuff he has to make up fake relatives to ship them to...[*]BronzeBruce13 - Deep down prefers the books from WWII, but GoldenBruce doesn't have the same ring...[*]tilleycs - Can rearrange his handle to "sell city" and buys like he's stocking his fallout shelter...[*]dam60 - He's alright... I guess... Too nice for my tastes...[*]pmpknface - I'll forgive his choice of friends... (c'mon gman, you know I love you!)[*]FlyingDonut - He introduced me to CGC...[*]DarthDiesel - Like any good Catholic School graduate, he believes in an-eye-for-an-eye... Danger Girl anyone?...[*]wasonff - If patience is a virtue, he's a saint...[*]Cicamen - Paid faster than the guys waiting for a lap dance from the Goth Princess...[*]Joanna - Here's hoping she doesn't realize she could charge $20 a piece to read the final installment of Crisis...[*]Bobpfef - It's not his fault Mike Belotti doesn't know how to use timeouts in a bowl game...[*]TheWatcher - Closing in on "Silver" status as a Lighthouse customer...[*]Oldguy - Spreading the love to the next generation... Grrr...[*]Shadroch - At this rate he could open his own store soon...[*]Aces - That's 150 Honors if you play in no-trump...[*]sborock - A pleasure to deal with, even though he never checks his voicemail at work...

And two belated Kudos, both from the summer of 1999:

[*]fantastic_four - Lightning fast payment and I suspect he may know something about comics. I'll have to keep an eye out for him in the next few years...

[*]blazingbob - He seems to know what he's doing. I think his business might catch on...

Kudos to JiveTurkeyMoFo for a longbox full of dark age (aka late 80's-early '90's) Marvel reading material . It looks like the post office played a soccer game with the box it came in, but the books themselves arrived miraculously unharmed. I'm looking forward to reading this stuff I've never read before (believe it or not!), and I'm sure JiveTurkey is glad to unload some of his worthless junk off on me! smile.gif

Belated Kudos to:

MR. Bill the WOOGIEMAN! for some AWESOME books for my ASM and X-men run! Accurately graded, packed superbly and threw in an extra silver ASM! What a guy! Glad to do business again, Bill...be glad to win from you again!

acclaim.gif You're welcome Darth, anytime! acclaim.gif

KUDOS TO:

Darthdiesel for being cool.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dr Banner for the nice deal... thumbsup2.gif

Shiverbones for a nice transaction... thumbsup2.gif

Lighthouse for a few deals....and hopefully a few more. thumbsup2.gif

4Gemworks for helping me (almost) complete my ASM run.... thumbsup2.gif

More Kudos for some forumites I've had the pleasure of working with recently...

Perry Lim (spidermanbeyond) ** Thanks for the Hulk DVD! Fair price and quick, safe shipping! Thanks Perry

Jeff Resnick (jordanabigail) ** My second big "buying deal" in a row with Jeff. It used to be the other way around, but what the heck. A good friend who's always great to work with. Thanks Jeff.

Mike Pring (drbanner)** I'm surprised to say that I got a "Raw Deal" on this transaction!!! One of the three books was not graded properly. The other two were dead on. Imagine sending me a NM+ book he graded NM... learn to grade Banner!... I expect to get the grade advertised!

thumbsup2.gif... seriously, his rep is well-deserved! One of the tightest raw grading sellers out there. Thanks Mike

Conrad Wohrle (king_comics)** Another deal with Conrad. An extremely easy guy to work with. Fast, Safe Shipping. Thanks 'rad

Chris Stoytchev (lordrahl) ** a quick, easy second deal in the making (and hopefully growing). Chris is great to work and chat with. Who knew this guy had such excellent books! Seller ID: Revolution-Comics.