• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Definition of Magazine Size comic

11 posts in this topic

I want to send in my Visions comics for grading, but was wondering if I need to send it in using the magazine fees. The Visions comics are 8.5" x 11.5". Would that constitute being a magazine size? I searched the FAQ's and the forums and was unable to find this answer.

Thanks.

Brian

27_laughing.gif I definte magazine-sized comcs as those that don't fit properly in my stupid white box! Hello Spectacular Spider-Man (1968)!

Sorry, I would suggest contacting CGC to be 100% sure. Here's the link to e-mail and phone info. Click Me!

If you have any regular sized slabbed comics, try holding it up to the slab and seeing if it looks like it will fit. Not definative but if it should give you a rough Idea.

Comic books that are considered "Comic book magazines" such as Creepy, Planet of the Apes (Marvel), Penthouse comics, Epic and such, can go through the magazine tiers. Comic books that are not considered "Comic book magazines" but are larger than some/most other comics, must go through regular comic submission tiers.

Comic books that are considered "Comic book magazines" such as Creepy, Planet of the Apes (Marvel), Penthouse comics, Epic and such, can go through the magazine tiers. Comic books that are not considered "Comic book magazines" but are larger than some/most other comics, must go through regular comic submission tiers.

From you comment, if the comic can sit in a magazing holder, I'm assuming CGC will slab it, but charge the comic rates. What's the largest comic that has been slabbed to date?

I know they don't grade Visions mag sized comics, even thought the customer service rep told me they did. I sent in my Visions #1 only to get it back not graded due to too large to holder. Didn't even get a refund even though I emailed them stating I sent in the comic due to their employee stating they grade it. Bad customer service IMHO.