• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday To A Comic Stalwart - blbcomics

15 posts in this topic

Jeez, thanks, i didn't think any one knew this deep dark secret about me each one of us harbors

I spent the day of my birthday watching a movie with my youngest daughter Rochelle (24) who has been hanging with me after a 4 yr stint in US Army with a year in Afghanistan - Lackawanna Blues, a truly great flick, then went over to the ware house and did more processing on a 900 comic book lot out of Iowa - all from the 1950s as well as various other stuff which wends it way here from all over.

- to me, a lot of fun stuff which will also be debuting at San Diego in addition to Jerry Bails run of All Star Comics with some Church, Larson and other pedigrees - many very high grade copies

Some of these Iowa collection books i have never seen before in the 1955-56 era - when circs and retention were at a low ebb for us later collectors - maybe i will post some scans in the Gold section, but i do not know if it violates the rules & regs of this here establishment

I so often stay just inside the GOLD section responding to a number of the threads there that there is not enough time to surf elsewhere, a fellow boarder here informed me, so i come thru saying "hi" and "thanks"

what a pleasant surprise