• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 year approval period?????

150 posts in this topic

Recently, I received an email from an Ebay seller concerning an email sent him by a Forumite.

In this email, he stated that, "any honest seller should give a 6 month to 1 year approval/guarantee period on an auction item". What a genius!! Only a Forumite could think of something as cerebral as this.

Does anyone in the hobby actually do this? I'd love to find someone who sells high grade SA with a 1 year approval period. I'd spend $1,000,000 with him if he had the inventory. Think about it...RISK FREE INVENTORY!!!! Whatever items you can't resell at a profit within 11 months, you just return for a full refund because, "You've decided that you don't like them".

I'm gonna reply to the message only and state this is an insane request. No business would allow such return periods, no federal laws exist like this for consumer goods, and I can't imagine a business operating under these conditions.

It was probably an email to Comic-Keys and the buyer wanted time to ship the comic to CGC using Economy instead of Express. So they needed a grace period. tongue.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I thought I remembered reading about such an outrageous policy somewhere recently??? How does SNE "guarantee" their grades w/in 1/4 of a point if you decide to have the book slabbed, but yet they only offer a 14-day return policy?

Recently, I received an email from an Ebay seller concerning an email sent him by a Forumite.

In this email, he stated that, "any honest seller should give a 6 month to 1 year approval/guarantee period on an auction item". What a genius!! Only a Forumite could think of something as cerebral as this.

Does anyone in the hobby actually do this? I'd love to find someone who sells high grade SA with a 1 year approval period. I'd spend $1,000,000 with him if he had the inventory. Think about it...RISK FREE INVENTORY!!!! Whatever items you can't resell at a profit within 11 months, you just return for a full refund because, "You've decided that you don't like them".

Why don't you out the forumite?

Mr. Nice, you told us you don't sell any books on ebay; you only buy them. Why would somoene send you this email? It has nothing to do with you. Just explain to the person that you've never sold a comic book and you don't know what they're talking about.

-- Joanna

Well, obviously this is an absurd request.

So, cough it up!

Who was it?

You obviously went through the trouble to post about it for a reason, so who was this forumite in question?

Mr. Nice, you told us you don't sell any books on ebay; you only buy them. Why would somoene send you this email? It has nothing to do with you. Just explain to the person that you've never sold a comic book and you don't know what they're talking about.

-- Joanna

893Funny-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

In the pre-Cgc days, Jason Ewert & Mark Wilson (World's Finest Collectibles pre PGC Mint) both used to offer a 12 month guarantee if a comic they sold u came back restored. Keep good records to prove u bought the book from that specific dealer/collector in case it was a comicon purchase.

Of course, the emailer wouldn't "give-up" the Forumite who said this or believe me, I wouldn't have been the least bit candid about what insufficiently_thoughtful_person would have such a belief.

Also, what does the fact of whether I buy or sell books have to do with a ridiculous statement that was made by a Forumite? Obviously I BUY books or I wouldn't make the statement that, "I would love to find a seller who would offer me a 1 year guarantee of approval period". Wouldn't everyone love to fill their cart with "potential profit only" inventory, if you could return any unsold pieces after 11 months, no questions asked? If not, what would be the reason for someone needing a year to decide if they liked a comic or not?

And as far as Banner goes with his Comic-Keys statement... It is my belief that Comic Keys will make good on any raw book found to have restoration by CGC for a period only limited by the ownership of the buyer. Isn't that longer than a year in many cases? Has anyone tried to return a book and been refused that you know of, Banner?

And there are a great many more who seem to have a cammel-prod up their es every time they sit down at their computer. blush.gifgrin.gif

And as far as Banner goes with his Comic-Keys statement... It is my belief that Comic Keys will make good on any raw book found to have restoration by CGC for a period only limited by the ownership of the buyer. Isn't that longer than a year in many cases? Has anyone tried to return a book and been refused that you know of, Banner?

Since I didn't make the statement you refer to, I don't know what you're talking about. And no, I don't know about anyone returning books, I only know about all the books that were bought from comic_keys, submitted to CGC, and came back trimmed/color touched. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Also, what does the fact of whether I buy or sell books have to do with a ridiculous statement that was made by a Forumite? Obviously I BUY books or I wouldn't make the statement that, "I would love to find a seller who would offer me a 1 year guarantee of approval period". Wouldn't everyone love to fill their cart with "potential profit only" inventory, if you could return any unsold pieces after 11 months, no questions asked?

If you only buy, and don't sell, what does "profit" have to do with anything?

Look, you don't have to respond. I'm just yanking your chain. Sometimes your little black mask slips and a good-natured poke is in order, that's all.

As for the forumite, I have no idea who that is, or what they told the person (it's all hearsay at this point), but it certainly sounds like a ridiculous statement in its present form.

-- Joanna

A million dollars is nothing in today's economy. I don't consider someone who can come up with just a million cash as well-heeled. Maybe 20 years ago, a million could buy you something. Today..it's nothing. You can't even buy a decent automobile for less than $100Gs or a house that you aren't embarrassed to be seen putting the key in the lock at for less than $800Gs unless you're willing to live in a hovel that was built 50+ years ago and is falling apart right around you.

I'm extremely surprised that someone in a white-collar profession, would even consider a million bucks a figure to BS about. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A million dollars is nothing in today's economy. I don't consider someone who can come up with just a million cash as well-heeled. Maybe 20 years ago, a million could buy you something. Today..it's nothing. You can't even buy a decent automobile for less than $100Gs or a house that you aren't embarrassed to be seen putting the key in the lock at for less than $800Gs unless you're willing to live in a hovel that was built 50+ years ago and is falling apart right around you.

I'm extremely surprised that someone in a white-collar profession, would even consider a million bucks a figure to BS about. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know, I bought a pretty nice Lexus GS used for $27 k? May I ask what you do to earn your bread? If I saw someone come up with one million dollars, in cash, that would impress the [!@#%^&^] out of me! Hell, people who are millionaires have trouble coming up with that kind of loot, as their money is tied up in investements, not sitting in a bank earning .025 percent interest!

So, if you have that kind of money lying around and have the prowess to earn 7 + figures, aren't you TOTALLY wasting your time on these forums? Hell man if I could earn that kind of coin I wouldn't be on here! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Please pass the grey poupon old chap! I am an internet billionaire! I guess you can consider being a gangsta rapper white collar - that's how i earned all my money. And I will soon post pics of my wife - Morgan Fairchild. Disclaimer - If my wife happens to see this, you are much younger and prettier than Morgan who has been substantially degraded in my opinion by having to earn a living with those cheesy old navy ads. That is probably the best thing about the internet, you can say anything or be anybody and as long as you have the verbal dexterity and will to waste time at this, you can prove yourself to be correct - and no one can disprove you.