• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 year approval period?????

150 posts in this topic

Yes twice. Once I bought a Superman 76 for around $1,100 about 10 years ago in VF/NM.

Turned out the book had spine work done on it. Got part of my money back. Learned a lot about restoration the hard way after that. Another was a JLA 3 in VF+ same month, Missed the small color touch.

Damn, MrNice, you disappoint me...

First you compare yourself to a demonic hyena... and then you go back to making vaguely sensible posts...

I'm losing a fortune here in the betting pool... "Demonic Hyena" is supposed to be just before the complete meltdown... I've studied the signs... It goes "Demonic Hyena," then some sort of genitalia reference, then a description of damage to an eye socket, and then full meltdown...

I got fish on the line ready to bet 15 large that the meltdown is imminent, and now they're bailing, taking my vig with them... frown.gif

Isn't there a "helpful insightful posting period " before the full meltdown,...where he gives expertise and meaningful posts,??...

J.D.

10 years ago, huh? Let's see (some rapid calculations), that would rule out Comic-Keys as the seller (2000-to present), wouldn't it?

You never did say who you bought them from. You must remember who you bought them from, right? Unless I'm talking here with a complete imbecile.

Never said they came from comic keys. Didn't mean to imply.

...the Sups 76 a guy named Shay Sheth (sp) out of NJ I believe Rosenburg had the book before him.

How about yourself?? Never got a restored book?

(In all fairness I'd also like to mention that I got some really good deals from him afterwords)

Why, you surprise me! I thought I had no expertise. The great Steve Borock said that himself when he makes his efforts to discredit me for the glorification of CGC, and who are you to disagree with Him.

I still can't understand why he doesn't offer a solid GUARANTEE on his service. Every viable service has guarantees. If you contract a company to put in a swimming pool and they themselves erroneously measured and submitted incorrect zoning papers, THEY are responsible and must foot the bill to make it right and are responsible for any expenses incurred due to their error.

You hire a tree-cutting service to sever hanging tree limbs and if they miscalculate and cause a tree to crash through your home...guess who's responsible? CORRECT. The service performing the work is.

You have a book slabbed and the bottom edge gets crimped by the rail by careless encapsulation, guess who's repsonsible? You ready?....... YOU ARE!!!!

"Gee, act of God", "What a shame", "OOOps, too bad", etc.

You send a book for submission and it gets an 8.5. The book is clearly undergraded and someone buys it from you for $1000, re-submits it, and scores a 9.2, reselling it for $4000. You just got 893censored-thumb.gif-ed out of $3000, IF the book had been correctly graded the first time out. Guess who's responsible for you being out $3000??? You ready?...... YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Gee, ya know, not an exact science..you know what I'm saying", etc.

That's surprising. I thought that restored books only came from one source, and the way you were eager to jump in my face, I thought that surely you must have had a bad personal experience with Keys. Seems as though 99% of the posters jumping up and down hollering for blood never had an unpleasant or for that matter, any experience with Keys!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Doesn't that seem to be the case?

Among the people who read this message board, you are granted the same respect as would be granted, say, your average root fungus. Not only are your social skills highly suspect, not only do you refuse to answer the most basic of questions about your qualifications and/or background, not only are you posting from AOL, you are annoying, your information is often wrong or unsubstantiated, and you have this air of blithe idiocy that makes people with more than eight operating neurons want to put you in a small envelope and mail you back and forth until the Post Office finally sticks you in some pile of undelivered mail, where you would then remain until the weight of accumulating mail compresses you into a small lump of peat, at which point you would be ground into mulch and spread over someone's garden, thus gaining in death what you failed to obtain in life; a useful purpose on this planet.

Thank God!! You had to pool your resources with other members to do it, or refer to an Art of insult treatise (Funny, I read the exact same letter that you just posted approx. 4 years ago written to Al Goldstein of Screw Magazine from a disgruntled editor...I'll find it and show what a plagiarizer you really are), but bless you for giving your poor dog at least 20 to 30 minutes of grace from your usual daily tortures of his poor soul in looking for something appropriately drole on the Internet.

The only difference is that given the opportunity I would compress you into a lump of peat myself and feed it to your dog who would be finally free of you.

...and so, the old troll, both feet firmly implanted in his mouth, butt-hops up on the bandwagon for his final fling with the soldering iron.

My wet dream! It would be like a demonic, half-starved Hyena ravaging a hen-house.

Interesting, I would place a bet that this is the first time the words wet dream, demonic, hyena and hen house have ever been used together. I will have to file that in memory for later use.

Tomega

Reading your post is less interesting than watching paint dry. If wit was spit, your mouth would be drier than a shallow well in an African heat wave. Any friend of yours is a lousy judge of character. Seriously, I've come across decomposing dog carcases that are less offensive to the senses than you are. Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if didn't lack even the dim flicker of sentience needed to qualify as a imbecile; if your weren't so fat that when God said "Let there be Light", he told you to move your fat [!@#%^&^] out of the way, or if you didn't have a face designed exclusively for radio. No, come to think of it, you would.

In conclusion, thank you. We were all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. Now get the hell out of here!

I don't think I'm going to be around over the next couple of days (to busy torturing children and small animals) so here are my replies to the next three things you post (in no particular order and randomly generated so I don't waste to much time).

1. You are about as entertaining as a child's inflatable punching toy. You bop it, it springs back, you bop it again and you forget it ever existed. It slowly deflates in an unused corner, then one day you throw it away. You are like watching Amputee Field Hockey: pathetic, and very quickly disgusting. Maybe you wouldn't read like such a pathetic loser if you didn't have an intellect rivaled only by the Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person's stupider brother.

2. You have that certain nothing. Truly, you are about as interesting as watching a slug move slowly across a large rock. I bet you thought it was just coincidence that your parents had the same surnames before they married? Maybe you wouldn't be such a if you had enough brains to find water after falling down a well; if your weren't so fat that the elephants throw you peanuts at your local Zoo, or if you didn't have a face that could scare a hungry wolf off a meat truck.

3. You light up a room when you leave it. No doubt your life is so dull, that you can actually write your diary one week in advance. If I had wanted to talk to somebody with your personality, I would be at the damn pet store talking to the lizards. Maybe you wouldn't read like such a pathetic loser if that pimple on your [!@#%^&^] hadn't turned out to be a brain tumor; if your weren't so fat that when you stand on the Speaking Scale, it screams, or if your face wasn't so ugly that visitors to the Ugly Palace pay money NOT to see you.

Mr. Nice,

It may have been clear to others that you were "comickeys" earlier, but its taken until today for me to be sure enough to say I agree. I always "try" at least to give the benefit of the doubt first because I don't like to jump half-cocked and have to apologize later. I'm pretty sure that's a quality you're supportive of.

I've been on the forums for about a year now and have followed many of the posts that you were involved in under a number of different ID's. The one point that you routinely made in various defenses of comickeys (whether you were him directly or pretending not to be and defending him) was the staunch insistence of the presentation of PROOF to support the statements and accusations made against you/him. That is a damn good point too and has proven to be a difficult task for some of your detractors.

I don't "troll" anyone, so hopefully we can get that eliminated from the get-go. I noticed something this time that compels me to make a request of you...

As you would demand if situations were reversed... could you please provide some PROOF to support the accusations you just made against CGC? I'm prepared to review your forthcoming revelations and hard evidence as objectively as humanly possible if you are prepared to offer any. I hope you'll give me that chance without insulting me, assuming I'm on the CGC payroll because I'm generally supportive of the company or anything else I can't foresee.

Please address these remarks in particular (bold). Offer proof (and elaborate) to support the following statements...

In my world, like Sosa said about Frank Lopez, your organization (and it's shady practices: one book is a blue label although it's restored, another is a purple because it's restored...what the hell is that??..that's not grading, that's a policy created to give latitude to certain elite submittors) stinks.

Every CGC graded book I buy is an adventure. One 8.5 looks like another 7.5, or another 9.2. I had two of the same books graded by CGC. One was an 8.0, the other a 9.4. You know what the difference was in reality.... NOTHING. That's the funny part. Except that I paid a few thousand more for the one graded 9.4!!! They were BOTH 9.0s!! Except that one was graded for "family" (the 9.4), and the 8.0 was graded for Joe Casual Submittor (yeah... him and his paltry 3 to 5 submissions a year...right?). That's why there are no definable grading guidelines and there will never be...so the grades can be skimmed and scammed however deemed necessary to fit the importance of the submittor to CGC. And you all know this.

For clarity's sake, please understand that I have no desire to engage you in debate as to whether I feel the ideas you presented have potential merit or not... I would like to review the presentation of facts first. After that, I'll have a better idea of what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort in providing the requested information should you decide to.