• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 year approval period?????

150 posts in this topic

a million could buy you something. Today..it's nothing. You can't even buy a decent automobile for less than $100Gs or a house that you aren't embarrassed to be seen putting the key in the lock at for less than $800Gs unless you're willing to live in a hovel that was built 50+ years ago and is falling apart right around you.

Gosh!!....my house was built in 1927,...I'm so ashamed,...I should just leave.... frown.gif

A million dollars is nothing in today's economy. I don't consider someone who can come up with just a million cash as well-heeled. Maybe 20 years ago, a million could buy you something. Today..it's nothing. You can't even buy a decent automobile for less than $100Gs or a house that you aren't embarrassed to be seen putting the key in the lock at for less than $800Gs unless you're willing to live in a hovel that was built 50+ years ago and is falling apart right around you.

I'm extremely surprised that someone in a white-collar profession, would even consider a million bucks a figure to BS about.

From May 1995 to January 1996 Dr. Thomas Stanley and Dr. William Danko did a study on the "average" millionaire in America. That study revealed several facts about the "average" millionaire, some of those facts are :

1) 97% are homeowners that carry a mortgage. The average value of those homes was $320,000.

2) The minority of them drive current model year automobiles. The majority drive American made used cars.

3) The average household worth was $3.7 million. This figure represents the median or 50th percentile of the survey.

4) The annual income was far less than $1 million. In fact, the median or 50th percentile annual taxable income was $131,000 with an average income of $247,000. Incomes in the range of $500,000 to $999,999 constituted 8 percent of the data set. Incomes in excess of $1 million constituted less than 5 percent of the data set.

5) The majority held jobs in professions like : welding, contractors, rice farmers, pest control, and paving contractors. Some of the more interesting occupations : coin and stamp dealer and auctioneer.

Funny stuff coming from a lawyer. A man who is paid for for his verbal dexterity in concocting a truthful spin from the lies of his clients. The benchmark of the most successful lawyers being calculated by how many of their clients they are able to "get off", by the skillful manipulation and careful presentation of their client's guilty actions.

And why would anyone have CASH, sitting in a bank? Cash is King. Takes money to make money. The best place for cash to earn more cash is AS cash...tucked, buried, rat-holed, hidden, etc., closeby, ready for the opportunity to show up within a moment's notice, someplace with cash where others can't, because theirs is buried in banks, stocks, books, trust funds, T-bills, etc..

Cash can spontaneously generate more cash, if you have enough of it available, and have the street smarts to parlay and coax it into more cash.

Funny stuff coming from a lawyer. A man who is paid for for his verbal dexterity in concocting a truthful spin from the lies of his clients. The benchmark of the most successful lawyers being calculated by how many of their clients they are able to "get off", by the skillful manipulation and careful presentation of their client's guilty actions.

All lawyers are defense attorneys? Or are you pulling this knowledge from personal experience?

Actually, the word "Lawyer" originated in the ancient Sumerian language. Translated verbatum, the word Lawyer was their word for LIAR.

Those Sumerians really had a way with words, didn't they?

You know, I love seeing you post. Everytime you do, I figure that's a few more moments peace for your dog that you won't be abusing him (unless you can type and torture him with the soldering iron at the same time...which I'm betting for you, is impossible. You couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time).

So I'll keep posting, you stick your two cents in when it's not necessary, and I'll feel good knowing that your dog is getting just a few moments peace from your malicious abuse.

Actually, the word "Lawyer" originated in the ancient Sumerian language. Translated verbatum, the word Lawyer was their word for LIAR.

Those Sumerians really had a way with words, didn't they?

You know, I love seeing you post. Everytime you do, I figure that's a few more moments peace for your dog that you won't be abusing him (unless you can type and torture him with the soldering iron at the same time...which I'm betting for you, is impossible. You couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time).

So I'll keep posting, you stick your two cents in when it's not necessary, and I'll feel good knowing that your dog is getting just a few moments peace from your malicious abuse.

gossip.gif I'll take that as a "Yes, I know from personal experience". You crack me up Hammy. 27_laughing.gif

And why would anyone have CASH, sitting in a bank? Cash is King. Takes money to make money. The best place for cash to earn more cash is AS cash...tucked, buried, rat-holed, hidden, etc., closeby, ready for the opportunity to show up within a moment's notice, someplace with cash where others can't, because theirs is buried in banks, stocks, books, trust funds, T-bills, etc..

Cash can spontaneously generate more cash, if you have enough of it available, and have the street smarts to parlay and coax it into more cash.

Sure cash is king. Which is why you'd invest it at bare minimum in some FDIC insured bonds WAY over having it sit between your matresses.

Do YOU have 1,000,000 in cash ON HAND right now? I don't mean that you can get within a week or borrow from friends, I mean right now.

There are many companies that offer exactly what you seem to feel is impossible. SEARS,COSTCO,BJ WHOLESALE for example offer lifetime return privliges on most items.LL BEAN sells clothes with lifetime return privliges.When I had my store I bought a great deal of inventory from BJs and if I could keep the time straight, would return all unsold merchandise for a cash refund. Christmas items in December,Valentines in Feb., ect, ect. While I agree it seems absurd in the collectables field,it might work for someone who had a multi-million dollar inventory

I rarely chime in on these threads concerning hammer/mr. nice/comic keys/ et. al but...

a) all lawyers aren't trying to get clients "off". In fact, most lawyers are trying to get "something" for their clients.

b) clobberintime strikes me as the type of lawyer who does a pretty good job (despite previous differences we've had)... and I don't think it has anything to do with any "guilty" actions on behalf of his clients....

so, I'm not sure what the heck this comment actually means. But... there's one thing I'll say for Mr. Nice... he sure generates the discussion around these parts.

Why would you put working capital in FDIC insured bonds for that kind of low rate of return. There are ways to put your cash to work for you that may look to be areas of higher risk, but experience and time teach one how to manuever within those venues and drastically reduce any risk taking to a bare minimum.

In the ideal situation where cash itself is the workhorse to generate more of itself for the investor/enterpreneur, 1/2 of the total potential kick should be held in abeyance ready to be put to work, while the other half is already doing its job, whether we're talking about collectibles, commodities, real estate, gambling, or even just having the money out on the street earning "points".

I agree with you. I am the straw that stirs the drinks around here, bitter as some of them may be for some Forumites sensitive taste buds, who have a difficult time gargling with the truth.

Beside me, what excitement do you have around here? A Kevin/G-Man scuffle once or twice a week that dies down after 4 or 5 posts??

Bug putting a couple of reprobates in their respective places up in the water cooler every couple of threads?

And the funny part is that I don't even have to do anything more than make truthful observations and the whole place goes nuts!! I post and Old Guy grabs his chest as the pain shoots down his left arm, thereby his having to resort to putting out cigarettes on his dog with his right hand temporarily, Banner's brain is suddenly jogged out of its perpetual Beta-wave delerium, JonnyDouble starts choking, though unfortunately, not swallowing his tongue in the process, etc., etc.

There's an entire predictible sequence of events that occurs when I post!

acclaim.gif

I agree with you. I am the straw that stirs the drinks around here, bitter as some of them may be for some Forumites sensitive taste buds, who have a difficult time gargling with the truth.

Beside me, what excitement do you have around here? A Kevin/G-Man scuffle once or twice a week that dies down after 4 or 5 posts??

Bug putting a couple of reprobates in their respective places up in the water cooler every couple of threads?

And the funny part is that I don't even have to do anything more than make truthful observations and the whole place goes nuts!! I post and Old Guy grabs his chest as the pain shoots down his left arm, thereby his having to resort to putting out cigarettes on his dog with his right hand temporarily, Banner's brain is suddenly jogged out of its perpetual Beta-wave delerium, JonnyDouble starts choking, though unfortunately, not swallowing his tongue in the process, etc., etc.

There's an entire predictible sequence of events that occurs when I post!

acclaim.gif

Yeah, it's a shame you won't attend any of the forum dinners so we could take turns giving you head...

It's an interesting offer that you propose, Lighthouse, but since I detest switch hitters, you'd have to break open your piggy-banks and make me a sizable offer to match the sizable task at hand that you propose. I mean that you'd have to come up with a BIG number...really overwhelm me. Make me an offer I couldn't refuse. Then, I may let you provocatively purse your collective lips and see if you can induce me to rise to the occassion! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You know, your post about the ancient Sumerian derivation of lawyer got me to thinking. So i dusted off the Funk & Wagnalls and looked for the word "fraud". And according to the Hittites, if you care to trace the etymology, the original definition was "guy on ebay claiming to be a doctor who has private auctions, private feedback ,selling gem mint UNRESTORED 9.6 comics." I almost fell out of my chair. Also if you read about fraud in the quatrains of Nostradamos, I think there are similar passages. Eerie isn't it? And as for the lawyer/liar thing, now that really got me steamed! First, are you calling me a lawyer? I already said way back at the beginning of this thread that I am a gansta rappa. And since I said it here on the internet it must be true. Mess with me and one of my dog homies might pop a cap in your tail.

You know, your post about the ancient Sumerian derivation of lawyer got me to thinking. So i dusted off the Funk & Wagnalls and looked for the word "fraud". And according to the Hittites, if you care to trace the etymology, the original definition was "guy on ebay claiming to be a doctor who has private auctions, private feedback ,selling gem mint UNRESTORED 9.6 comics." I almost fell out of my chair. Also if you read about fraud in the quatrains of Nostradamos, I think there are similar passages. Eerie isn't it? And as for the lawyer/liar thing, now that really got me steamed! First, are you calling me a lawyer? I already said way back at the beginning of this thread that I am a gansta rappa. And since I said it here on the internet it must be true. Mess with me and one of my dog homies might pop a cap in your tail.

27_laughing.gif

-Aren't you the same Lia... 'er Lawyer that bought an X-Men 5 in NM from Comic-Keys and were very satisfied with the transaction?

Didn't it take you about 2 months to finally conclude payments on a $2000 purchase once you finally sent the initial payment of $1000 about 4 weeks after he was holding it for you, regailing him with excuse after excuse after excuse as to why you couldn't come up with $2000 all at once, Donald Chump???

Careful with your answer, if you address this issue at all because if you need reminding via a dose of your own deceitful words, I believe he saved ALL of the PMs for this kind of rainy day, and I can request them for you as a reminder if need be.

So you see, here you are, flapping your narrow-shouldered gums, just another 893censored-thumb.gif-artist extroadinnaire who gets paid (obviously very little) for the one thing he knows how to do.