• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys collect?

93 posts in this topic

I am kind of working on basically complete high grade runs of all Silver Age Marvel and DC titles. I say kind of because I have most everything, and the stuff I don't have, I am not sure if I ever will finish (like a high grade AF #15, Hulk #1,etc). I have recently started collecting Gaines File Copy ECs in CGC 9.8. I think I have about 10 different now.

My favorite stuff is probably Amazing Spider-man, Neal Adams books, Superboy & the Legion, DC Horror, but I really like alot of the stuff that came out in the late 60s and early 1970s. Overall, I think that is one of the greatest eras ever in comics as far as talent, stories, and creativity.

Not really a fan of alot of the Golden Age stuff, but I do like the really early Superman and Batman appearances, and I will probably try to put a complete run of ECs together one of these days. Probably should start on that now, as I have alot in stock. I love alot of the GGA books especially the Kamen and Baker stuff, but those books are just mostly covers, so I haven't ever really pursued them.

Tell me Dale, why do you offer "best offers" on your books if you have it manually set to reject them upon an offer? Just curious. I put in a reasonable offer on your ASM203-CGC-9.6 and it just tossed it.

When I started back up, I was working on high grade ASM's #1-200, I found it so limiting and realized I was going to get bored of collecting only one title. So in the past few weeks about a dozen White Mountain Marvels found their way into my hands, and I've decided to attempt a "Mini-Geppi" and try to put back together all the 12 cent WM Marvels back together. Right now I'm looking to be in it for the long haul, and ended up selling a dozen of my most prized (and irreplaceable) vintage toys (pushing $100,000) to bankroll this new fangled interest of mine. I will buy other pedigrees and high grade books to fill in the holes, but as I replace them with their WM equivalent they will be up for grabs. I hope this works out smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Jim

First and foremost, a run of Uncanny X-men from 1 to present day (down to about 20) CGC'd or raw.

Secondly, Silver Surfer all volumes (though just concentrating on Vol 3 in high grade for the moment).

Thirdly, Eternals high grade.

And lastly, whichever of the following croses my path:

Mystical Tales ( in Fine or better)

Holiday Comics (preferably the D Copies)

Blue Bolt (LB Cole Covers from #102 upwards)

Secret Six

Shock Suspenstories (in Fine)

Thor & Green Lantern (finding it difficult to ignore the siren call of these 2 titles)

So a nice smattering of GA and upwards.

I'm working on an Action Comics run of #65 through #101 plus a few above, as I have a #108 and #117 (23 books in all so far) Book purchases are far and few in between but, I am a completionist so I have faith in completing. After I'm done with this run, I'll try for #40 through #64

Mike

Sorry, I have been away from the boards pretty much all weekend and end of the week. I have my offers to reject any offers that don't allow me to make decent money. That way it doesn't waste my time and you don't have to keep waiting for the response. It is not meant to be a personal rejection of any kind and I am sorry if you think the offer is reasonable.

Please remember that I lose almost 9% to ebay, and a percentage to paypal as well(about 3.5%). And it makes no sense for me to sell the items if I can't make money on them.

I would welcome anyone that is interested in ANYTHING I have for sale, to send me a PM concerning the item. We can work off ebay and that will save me the 9% and allow me to give you a better price.

Sorry, I have been away from the boards pretty much all weekend and end of the week. I have my offers to reject any offers that don't allow me to make decent money. That way it doesn't waste my time and you don't have to keep waiting for the response. It is not meant to be a personal rejection of any kind and I am sorry if you think the offer is reasonable.

Please remember that I lose almost 9% to ebay, and a percentage to paypal as well(about 3.5%). And it makes no sense for me to sell the items if I can't make money on them.

I would welcome anyone that is interested in ANYTHING I have for sale, to send me a PM concerning the item. We can work off ebay and that will save me the 9% and allow me to give you a better price.

Sounds good Dale. I was just wondering why it auto downs it as it's something I've never seen before when it comes to the "Make an offer" button. Usually takes a review period for the seller to see the item. I'll get into contact with you if I decide to nab up a couple of your books.

It has a function in which you can set to automatically reject under a certain amount. For example, if a book is 75.00, I might set it to automatically reject offers under 50.00. You would not believe the ridiculous offers people send on stuff. I have a 699.99 Famous Funnies #215 which I believe was graded 7.0 or 7.5. Some clown sent an offer of 69.99 on the book. I routinely get offers of 4 or 5.00 for 50.00 items. It is like these people have nothing better to do than bid on stuff they have no shot at getting. It fires me up, so I just have decided to not have to deal with people who are not serious buyers. Life is too short to have to deal with people like that.

Crazy Ed has a sign that says, "This is not Burger King. You don' t get it your way. You get it my way or not at all." While I don't agree 100% with that attitude, I do understand where he is coming from. It gets offly (is that right, looks really odd) frustrating dealing with people like that. But I figure that is why they are on ebay. The have probably been tossed from their local comic stores.

i've been working on slabbing the current Captain America series (vol.5). I have 4 issues left that I need to obtain. Once I get those, I'll have 1 - 26 slabbed. most will be 9.8. i have a couple 9.4/9.6's which i will work on upgrading at some point.

these back issues are turning out to be extremely difficult to find, let alone in good condition. the paper they used for this run is very prone to damage.

I am working on several runs at the moment:

I am five books short of finishing the first CGC 9.8 run of Wolverine 1-189

[Any help would be appreciated]

I am hoping to complete a 9.8 run of pre-Unity Valiants from submissions 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I am working on a nice run of X-Men 94-143

I am finishing a reader-run of Uncle Scrooge 1-350

[And I do read them thumbsup2.gif]

I try to pick up CGC 9.4+ Uncle Scrooges when I can

I just finished a run of X-Men 144-200 and I'm pretty far along completing a run of X-Men 201-250.

And finally, I am working on a run of Amazing Spider-Man 100-200 but it is probably on the back burner until I finish my X-Men run.