• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fallen Son Sketch Covers Megathread

2,238 posts in this topic

where do you find these books at?

i haven't seen any comic shops with those blank cover books, yet i see so many people posting them. are they only sold online?

I bought all my blanks off ebay which is why i have books anywhere from 9.4 to 9.8

Nope some are from Cons but other are through art dealers and commissions. The Ayers and Ron Frenz were commissions purchased through Catskillcomics.

I have found that you can find email addresses for artist fairly easy by googling thier names and looking on thier homepage. For every 1 I have I probably have been turned down by 5 artists, (Due to time contraints by the artist)

I have about 10 more comming in the next few weeks (hopefully)

For those that want to start collecting these I say go for it...but be prepared to spend some money. I have found that some artists at cons (very very few) will do them for free, others depending on the size, if you want it inked and full body or headshot will vary in cost.

In the low end for just pencils its common to get them for about 10-15....if you want a full figure it can range from 80-100....on average I have spent about 25-35 per book.

Good luck

i never meant to irk you in any wrong way about asking how much you spent on your Fallen Son commissions. Having done a couple myself, I know how the prices can be.

I never thought of pursuing artist commissions online before I read that's what you did. Now I just wish I had more money to do so!

Not Irked and I appologize if I came off that way. If there are artist that you KNOW you would love to get a sketch from contact them but dont bug them...many do not have much time to do much outside of thier work.

And by the way Oneasian....I love your Finch that you had done...man that is a book that really stands out in my mind as one of the best Fallen son books....I hope next time I see him at a con I can convince him to do one like that for me...

The big two I want to get now are ones by Jim Lee and Steve Epting...I saw your Epting and its niiiice..

I did...I was the one who suggested he do them so I guess mine was first....Im sure yours will look just as great. I think he is trying to make each compeletly original without any duplication of pose or shading.

holy smokes!!

to be honest though, i dont know how many i'm going to be planning on doing. i just keep wanting more and more!

and then i see even more awesome covers, and i just want more!

oh man