• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fallen Son Sketch Covers Megathread

2,238 posts in this topic

wow Par2ch, you should start a website displaying all your covers. hopefully, some day i'll get some of these (the hard part is that all the ones i see on ebay are either hundreds of dollars for bad art (you pay for the artists' name) or $50 for bad art). your's are really beautiful and cool though.

oneasian--your's are great too! man, linsner's are always wonderful, but these seem so out of my pay range

hey hawkman. thanks for the compliment!

just work on getting commissions done through the aritsts themselves, and you'll find that you dont necessarily have to pay hundreds of $$ to get a nice cover done.

hey hawkman. thanks for the compliment!

just work on getting commissions done through the aritsts themselves, and you'll find that you dont necessarily have to pay hundreds of $$ to get a nice cover done.

yeah, that's the next step. i gotta look into that.

I was thinking once I get my 100 done I may contact Hero to have a book done ala 3 min sketch with all proceeds going to them but I will wait till I get my 100.

And as Oneasian said, getting them done from the artists themselves really is the way to go. It is more EXPENSIVE then by getting them at shows but the quality is soooo much better.

One thing good about getting them done at shows is that they can be CGCed.

Some that I just got verbal comitment directly from the artist OR payment has been sent to are

Brian Postman

Joe Rubenstien

Alan Weiss

Mike Mayhew

Joseph Michael Linsner

David Finch (not until Megacon)

Jimmy Cheung (but wont get unil Megacon)

Steve McNiven (again Megacon)

Jimmy only takes on like 3-4 commissions and those he does are OUTSTANDING...I was on the list at Orlando con but he couldnt get to it...Im really looking forward to getting him this time around.

He is one of the few artists these days to take hours and hours on a single commission and the ones he does do are amazing

Here is one Mike Mayhew is doing for me...he says hes 85% done with it and sent me this pic on the progress....I LOVE HOW ITS COMMING ALONG.

oh and the faint lines around the white area are the plastic holder which I cut out an area for the artist to draw on..

(Tip: If you are getting these commissions done have the artist keep the books in a top holder in which you cut out the area for them to draw..the second pic is the full book with my request on top . Some artist dislike doing it this was BUT because of the white cover and some that I have reiceved back which had 4-8 spine creases, I dont want to take a chance.)

46393-1.jpg.d6c707fc16ce1666b37925ea0f8d109e.jpg

46394-2.jpg.1f2b24c0d9ace10c4e2c5869bd66655a.jpg