• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You Kidding Me...

154 posts in this topic

You may be right but I imagine whoever bought the book at that price has no plans to sell it in the near future.

You're probably right, as a crack habit certainly takes up a lot of your free time.

On a serious note, this looks like some bizarre money-laundering scheme, as there is no way a fully-functioning human being would ever pay that kind of money for a non-key BA 9.6.

You may be right but I imagine whoever bought the book at that price has no plans to sell it in the near future.

You're probably right, as a crack habit certainly takes up a lot of your free time.

On a serious note, this looks like some bizarre money-laundering scheme, as there is no way a fully-functioning human being would ever pay that kind of money for a non-key BA 9.6.

Non-key? Man, that's Hammerhead in there letting those bullets fly. How more key do you need? 27_laughing.gif

there is no way a fully-functioning human being would ever pay that kind of money for a non-key BA 9.6.

But a zombie would.....a Marvel Zombie!!! (cue scary music and lightning effects now)

Scott

Maybe a bit of a mix-up. Whats that really difficult to find spidey around that no.?? There's one that eludes in HG, maybe the buyer thought this was that issue, and hit the BIN without checking.

Been there, done that. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe a bit of a mix-up.

Other than a crack habit or money-laundering scheme, that's my other guess, that the buyer saw the book, looked at the high price, and just assumed it was a CGC 9.8.

If so, I bet that sale never goes through.

Maybe a bit of a mix-up.

Other than a crack habit or money-laundering scheme, that's my other guess, that the buyer saw the book, looked at the high price, and just assumed it was a CGC 9.8.

Think you might have it. And if they get a mere sniff of this thread, they'll be backing out quicker than you can say 'who stock piled Marvel New Universe when it came out'.

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Maybe a bit of a mix-up. Whats that really difficult to find spidey around that no.?? There's one that eludes in HG, maybe the buyer thought this was that issue, and hit the BIN without checking.

This is the toughest Spidey in 100-teens to find in grade. 104, 106, and 114 are the toughest 20-cent Spideys (by far), and a 9.6 104 sold for $2,000. This price is crazy, but so was that one... screwy.gif

Maybe a bit of a mix-up.

I don't know how this can be a mix-up with $2500 involved.

I think it is mostly from column A... screwy.gif

Who launders money over the Innernets? Right in the middle of convention season?

I'm chalking this one up to impatience, a LOT of discretionary $$ lying around, and a serious case of comics OCD

I'm chalking this one up to impatience, a LOT of discretionary $$ lying around, and a serious case of comics OCD

Agreed. I'm sure the description of the book added to the madness.

Maybe someone is hoping for a re-sub 9.8.

Or maybe a little pressto change-o to 9.8. wink.gif

Good grief...just saw another 9.6 on Ped "sale pending" for $750. But it's only a OW/W copy. Is there that much of a premium on White Pages?

Agreed. I'm sure the description of the book added to the madness.

Yes, Pedigree is king when it comes to flowery, comic-describing language. It seems like every book is undergraded, saturated with brilliant rainbow hues, with the deepest of deep color strikes, the sharpest of sharp Ginsu-cut edges, etc...

On no!! Buyers remorse!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif What a maroon, and now I'm thinking he assumed (from the price) that he was buying a CGC 9.8, and probably crapped a brick when he opened the box.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the link and price, that it was a 9.8.

Another potential theory is that this guy might have a pile HG copies, and thus concocted a fake sale on Pedigree, and is trying to artificially raise the GPA on this book.

It really wouldn't be hard to do, get your hands on a few HG copies, list them for crazy prices on EBay, Pedigree, etc., have a friend buy them, eat the 10% and watch the GPA skyrocket.

Then list some copies for $1500 each and watch the speculators fight for them. 27_laughing.gif