• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another ebay seller to steer clear of...

43 posts in this topic

eb391

I win 6 comics for $18. He charges me 22.50 + $5 insurance to ship them media mail. I call him on it.

He replies...

"your right it schould be$ 18.00 for the books 43,46,47,48,52,53. 13.50 for shipping AND HANDLING that's boxes tape bubble wrap and time not JUST THE STAMP!!! and 6.00 for insurance the total is 37.50 if this isnt to your liking im sorry .. their value is much greater than this and i wont mind keeping them also i took the liberty to cc your letter and my response to ebay thanks for the fun ..."

To which I mention that $6 in insurance for $18 in books is outrageous, not to mention it breaks specific ebay policiies regarding insurance. You know, these policies.

He replies...

"you know what i will kep the books go *spoon* your self "

And then follows that with...

"you know, what when the *spoon* did you start running my ebay auctions you have a few more days to pay if you dont i will keep the books and leave negative fedback times six next time pull your bully *spoon* on some one who gives a *spoon* PS you can sell them and ship them for what you want when you own them if you ever own them...PSS have a nice day "

Are we having fun yet?!

Why is it I only ever run into these people on eBay? Not here. Not at friggin McDonalds...on eBay selling comics.

screwy.gif

What are the chances being proactive and contacting eBay lets me leave negatives without retaliation?

and another thing...according to gacguy's thread about the USPS, they won't insure comics sent via Media Mail anyways

Man that blows...what a jerk..its terrible to hold 6 negs over your head like that... I had a guy do something similiar recently...i used BIN to win 6 $0.99 books, books that are currently seeling for around $3.50 each at my local shop...well, turns out he tried to charge me $25 to ship the lot!!! I called him on it and he said he "had to make up the price somewhere". Fortunately, he understood my complaints, and let me not pay...we'll see if he trys to leave neg feedback...

Can you telephone eBay or use LiveHelp, DKB?

This is generally more effective than e-mail, I've found.

At the very least, you'll be pointed to the correct corridor of the maze.

It's very possible that this seller is engaging in not just gouging for shipping (something eBay takes more seriously these days), but also something called "seller non-performance" by eBay, and (since he was foolish enough to refuse to send you the books IN WRITING), his e-mail can be forwarded to eBay (times 6, once for each comic) under the seller non-performance banner once the 7-10 day after auction wait period expires.

If eBay finds the seller at fault, he may be blocked from leaving feedback, while you would still be able to.

Having said all this, are these great comics, and would you have happily paid more for them?

I can be a stickler for principal too, but I once paid a seller $5.00 PER COMIC to ship me 4 books.

But they were gorgeous NM warehouse copies, and he'd clearly explained his insane shipping charges in his auction.

Good luck!

Direct him this thread So he can see his selling base shrink. Maybe there should be a permit sticky of scum bags on ebay to avoid. at the end of each week or month compile the list at the last thread for easy viewing.

eb391

I win 6 comics for $18. He charges me 22.50 + $5 insurance to ship them media mail. I call him on it.

File a complaint through ebay for excessive shipping and handling charges. 5 or 6 bucks insured is more than fair. *spoon*, for 5 or 6 bucks he could ship them priority.

I'd neg his azz anyway; what a *spoon*.

makepoint.gif

Do everyone a favor and neg his azz. Take one for the team.

I just recently did that and blew my 100% FB rating when I got the expected retaliatory neg from the loser seller. But for the principal and to warn others it is worth it. I left the facts about the seller's problems (packed a comic in an envelope "protected" by two flimsy backing boards, and described the comic as flawless when there were obvious yellow liquid stains & damage including a large crease on the comic, not to mention the spine bends which may have already been there and/or made much worse during shipping) and got back lies and insults in reply. That's the way the ebay feedback system crumbles.

As the buyer you can also slam the seller on the star ratings, not that that amounts to much. confused-smiley-013.gif

I added your guy to my blocked bidders list. I wish there was a blocked sellers list so it could help prevent accidentally bidding on anything from this seller.

Why the heck you buying low grade DR copies poke2.gif

That's the thing, I'm fairly certain they weren't low grade. I bought plenty of DRs from the DR dealer...name is escaping me, Steven something?...and he put the grade of the books he was selling, the DRs, on the price tag. Look real close at those price tags. I think its highly unlikely that the 10ish issue run of DRs he had were all fn/vf. O well, no steal for me, just a pain in the arse.

and another thing...according to gacguy's thread about the USPS, they won't insure comics sent via Media Mail anyways

Actually, USPS will allow you to insure the package, but if you need to file a claim, they will deny it (because comics technically shouldn't go in Media Mail). foreheadslap.gif

Why are you buying crappy books like that on eBay anyway? Seriously. Buy stuff like that from people here at the VCC, or just ping me and I'll drop them off for you at Phoenix.

I dig Bronze Marvel and pedigrees? sumo.gif Double bonus. One of the DRs filled a hole I have in a run of pedigreed books. The other were just possible upgrades. confused-smiley-013.gif

You got the Mass Copy I'm missing?!?!