• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raining Superman #1's on ebay

18 posts in this topic

hello all...

a few months ago, I remember us commenting on that fact that there were 4 or 5 restored Batman #1's on ebay at one time...well, this week, it is Superman!...

there are 2 restored copies (one being sold by our very own filter81!), a really low graded from a dude in germany, and Perry has his 1-108 set back up (offered to sell it last year for $100K, this year it is at $150K...nice)

Supes 1-108

Filter81 Supes 1

Problem with "ext" restored designation Supes 1

I washed my dishes with Supes 1

gator

I don't get how its only a 3.0? If it were unrestored and looked like that I'd be pissed at that grade. I always thought it was graded as is and then give the restored notes etc.

Ed

Some excellent comedy courtesy of the extensively restored supes 1 auction:

SELLER SAYS:

CGC notes, "restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced and 1/2 front cover is a color copy"

Overstreet 2006 VG 4.0 value $36,500; FN 6.0 $54,750

Therefore placing a 5.0 at $45,625 but that is for an unrestored copy--most pros would subtract 30% for slight restoration, 40% on moderate and 50% for extensive suggesting a fair price of $22,812.50 for this copy.

27_laughing.gif

I don't get how its only a 3.0? If it were unrestored and looked like that I'd be pissed at that grade. I always thought it was graded as is and then give the restored notes etc.

Ed

In the good old days it was. confused-smiley-013.gif

So if a G/VG 3.0 with extensive (P) sells for $17K, how much do you think a copy in the same grade with slight resto will sell for? Think it might go for 23 - 25?

B

send it to adam, he'll get you a record price for it smile.gif

gator

So if a G/VG 3.0 with extensive (P) sells for $17K, how much do you think a copy in the same grade with slight resto will sell for? Think it might go for 23 - 25?

B

gator

27_laughing.gif I'm sure I could put it up on ebay just as easily!

B

gator

27_laughing.gif I'm sure I could put it up on ebay just as easily!

true, but what is strange, is the last few supes sold, had previously been on ebay, not moved at all, adam got them and "boom" ...sold! but B, I am sure you can work some magic too!

gator

Some excellent comedy courtesy of the extensively restored supes 1 auction:

SELLER SAYS:

CGC notes, "restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, reinforced and 1/2 front cover is a color copy"

Overstreet 2006 VG 4.0 value $36,500; FN 6.0 $54,750

Therefore placing a 5.0 at $45,625 but that is for an unrestored copy--most pros would subtract 30% for slight restoration, 40% on moderate and 50% for extensive suggesting a fair price of $22,812.50 for this copy.

27_laughing.gif

Filter's 3.0 sold? Jesus, maybe what I thought was "comedy" is just fair market value crazy.gif Yeeps.