• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...and the fraud on eBay just keeps on comin'.....

35 posts in this topic

is anyone else confused?

confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif I see water damage, and a cropped cover, and perhaps some fading to the cover that make it appear like it was not stored in optimal conditions.

tonofbricks.gif I'm sure any GA collector would pay the $399 or whatever with the water damage, and a completely torn spine. That's not the point. Look at his feedback. This auction is a fraud. Steve found the same scan in comics.org to back up the fraud.

stooges.gif

Knowing that the scan is from another web site of course implicates the fraud. However, people might be tempted to risk bidding on a zero feedback auction in order to get a grail, if they do not know about the other website.

I was bidding around $1,000 for a Phantom Lady book on ebay from a low feedback seller just a couple of weeks ago. I was extremely peeved when the buyer left positive feedback.

That is true. That's what makes these boards great. BTW let me know if you find a #3 with water damage, and even a bad spine. (At a bargain) poke2.gif

Will do! Well what do you know, here is one right here tongue.gif:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTION-COMIC-3-W-TWO...1QQcmdZViewItem

is anyone else confused?

confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif I see water damage, and a cropped cover, and perhaps some fading to the cover that make it appear like it was not stored in optimal conditions.

tonofbricks.gif I'm sure any GA collector would pay the $399 or whatever with the water damage, and a completely torn spine. That's not the point. Look at his feedback. This auction is a fraud. Steve found the same scan in comics.org to back up the fraud.

stooges.gif

Knowing that the scan is from another web site of course implicates the fraud. However, people might be tempted to risk bidding on a zero feedback auction in order to get a grail, if they do not know about the other website.

I was bidding around $1,000 for a Phantom Lady book on ebay from a low feedback seller just a couple of weeks ago. I was extremely peeved when the buyer left positive feedback.

That is true. That's what makes these boards great. BTW let me know if you find a #3 with water damage, and even a bad spine. (At a bargain) poke2.gif

Will do! Well what do you know, here is one right here tongue.gif:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTION-COMIC-3-W-TWO...1QQcmdZViewItem

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

...this auction is already bid up to $9,000+, and thanks to eBay's new hidden bidder policy, we can't warn the high bidder of what we have uncovered here in less than 1 hour. Glad eBay is protecting us from the " bad guys" screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

This is just another example of the power and knowledge that can be acquired by being members of these great Boards thumbsup2.gif

Steve

is anyone else confused?

confused-smiley-013.gif

the action 3 image is from this website...one of my favorites. Compare the eBay pic to this website pic ( click on "A" for Action), and don't forget to match up the staining at the bottom of the cover gossip.gif

http://www.comic-covers.com/

Steve

confused no more! that's a good eye, Steve! thumbsup2.gif

You are one sharp cookie Steve! I am pretty sure that ebay has hidden bidder's ID's to prevent spite bids to drive bidders up. Knowing who I was bidding against, and knowing the feedback associated with those bids, was one of the positive things ebay had going for it.

I was going to suggest that the two current bidders are the zero feedback seller's shill accounts, but no, the current high bidder has over 1,000 feedback, all positive.

What cracks me up most about this auction is the 2 bonus issues included with the auction. I was only going to bid $12,000 on this book, but because it has the 2 additional issues, I think I will add at least another couple thousand to the bid.

guys and gals, calm down wink.gif

the 2 high bidders are right here posting in this thread, this way some less knowledgable unsuspecting folks won't potentially get duped, until ebay has a chance to pull the auction smile.gif

gator

I understood what was happening, and I'm sorry if my comments were too light hearted, I just can't fathom somebody trying to do this.

I'm not naive to think that it doesn't happen, it just blows me away that people would rather spend their time pulling this kind of *spoon* than trying to find an honest way to make a buck. It's pretty pathetic.

I emailed asking for better picture and that I saw water damage to the book here is the response so far.

"Absolutley, it will just have to wait until i get to the office. Because of the age, damage to this book is inevitable, but extremely minimal."

guys and gals, calm down wink.gif

the 2 high bidders are right here posting in this thread, this way some less knowledgable unsuspecting folks won't potentially get duped, until ebay has a chance to pull the auction smile.gif

gator

Ah, Rick we have a new player in town bidding. I'll jump into it again later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning to give this guy some false hope.

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale".

I wonder if he/she just stopped the auction due to the unwanted attention or if the seller found a naive bidder who will negotiate a sale off-line.