• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashcans and Turtles

6 posts in this topic

The Prophet/Stormwatch/Deathblow ashcans were given out as Promos at convention and to dealers. They were hot *spoon* for a while and they went for $50-75 bucks (sadly, they go for a fraction of that today). They are still pretty darn cool and could easily become in demand again once the early '90s nostalgia train comes rolling around. I've got all 3 of those, and I usually buy any extras I see in the $1 bins.

The Turtles TPB was put out by Archie Comics in 1991. It collects the 4 TMNT one-shots (The individually named Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo, and Michaelangelo ones). It is somewhat hard to find, but even then, it usually only sells for $5-10.

Well actually, that Challenges book was put out by Mirage...and there are 2 versions, a harcover and softcover. The softcover can usually be found like you said for $5-$10 but the hardcover can be a bit tougher to track down, still generally in that range

By coincidence, I saw the TMNT book a couple days ago in the back of a stand (with lots of dust on it) and tried looking it up when I got home but couldn't find anything because I just remembered the name (and you don't get much good info. on google with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Challenges), will go pick it up today for cover (which i think was $6 or $7). There currently is 2 of them available on ebay now.

Yea, theres alot of neat stories in there, not just the Turtle 1 shots...but I believe theres a Splinter story and some others...all in Dooney's art, which I like alot