• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

It's just very nice to see that the Golden Age market remains strong. Congrats to everyone who won books!

:gossip: I'm hoping to nab one in the weekly auction tomorrow.

I was wondering if you had seen the America's Best 10 in the Sunday auction... its an amazing looking copy. I had given some thought to taking a shot at it, until I won the Batman #3 today. Good luck on it!

:wishluck:

It's just very nice to see that the Golden Age market remains strong. Congrats to everyone who won books!

I was wondering if you had seen the America's Best 10 in the Sunday auction... its an amazing looking copy. I had given some thought to taking a shot at it, until I won the Batman #3 today. Good luck on it!

Yeah, I was going to bid on that one but the page quality put me off a little. Good luck Jeff!

Sweet sweet pick-up on the Batman 3. I was also watching it but in the end decided to pass on bidding as my wife and I are discussing a major remodel to the house. Now that I know who won it, I am glad I didn't jump into the bidding where I would have driven the price up at a minimum.

I didn't get any of the Vancouver books I was hoping for. :(

Me neither. I put in some decent bids on a few some "short bus" Vancouver books, but was outbid on all of them. :(

me neither; outbid on everything i went after, and i went after alot.

Sweet sweet pick-up on the Batman 3. I was also watching it but in the end decided to pass on bidding as my wife and I are discussing a major remodel to the house. Now that I know who won it, I am glad I didn't jump into the bidding where I would have driven the price up at a minimum.

Tell your wife 'Thanks!' from me. :grin:

Yeah, I was going to bid on that one but the page quality put me off a little. Good luck Jeff!

With 12 minutes to go, the bidding has gotten a bit rich for me. If anyone else has the inclination to bid, go for it!

With 12 minutes to go, the bidding has gotten a bit rich for me. If anyone else has the inclination to bid, go for it!

Damn, I was hoping you would get this one so I would have an easier time picking up a nice 7.0 to 9.0 copy that comes up in the future. :P

There is no "only" when it comes to MH.

Sure there is. I picked up some of the Mile High Lone Rangers in the auction. I`m sure the superhero-centric collectors here will do a collective (shrug)

Except for me. :shy:

I'm superhero-centric, but I collect offbeat MH comics. And a MH Lone Ranger? :cloud9:

Nah, the MH Lone Rangers are krap. Everyone should stay away from them. ;)

over $4K for the Cap #78 (can you imagine if it was slabbed, add another $1,500 to the price tage), both tremendous books.

It depends on what grade CGC gave. I'm not so certain it would have been the same grade assigned by Heritage.

over $4K for the Cap #78 (can you imagine if it was slabbed, add another $1,500 to the price tage), both tremendous books.

It depends on what grade CGC gave. I'm not so certain it would have been the same grade assigned by Heritage.

I think it was graded as a 9.2 which from the surface looked to be accurate. Highest graded so far is one 8.5 and one 8.0 so the price tage is no surprise. Whomever that Warren Hall guy is he sure did have some of the best copies of Atlas Young Men and Caps we have ever seen.

I think it was graded as a 9.2 which from the surface looked to be accurate. Highest graded so far is one 8.5 and one 8.0 so the price tage is no surprise. Whomever that Warren Hall guy is he sure did have some of the best copies of Atlas Young Men and Caps we have ever seen.

I thought it was more likely to be a 9.0 but that's only from looking at the scan.

That Warren Hall had one heck of collection and he started out reading and collectioning in the golden age to boot. Too bad his golden age collection was lost when he had to move as a kid! The thing I like about this Heritage auction was that almost all the consignors except for one had the guts to put their books on the auction block with absolutely no reserve! Than you can really get a good gauge of what a book is worth and how strong the market is!

The thing I like about this Heritage auction was that almost all the consignors except for one had the guts to put their books on the auction block with absolutely no reserve! Than you can really get a good gauge of what a book is worth and how strong the market is!

Totally agree.

It`s been MH Lone Ranger week for me, as I just picked up the MH Tonto 3 and 4. It`s fun to buy MHs for less than $200! :banana: I passed on the 5 and 6, which I thought seemed overgraded. Now I really wish I had been more aggressive in going after the Vancouver Tonto 1 (CGC 9.4) when it was on Heritage over the weekend, as it sold for a mere $448.

Some very strong prices for the MH Atlas/Marvel westerns in the current auction. Who the hell said westerns are dead?!

The Atlas issues were higher than Westerns from some of the other publishers.

It`s been MH Lone Ranger week for me, as I just picked up the MH Tonto 3 and 4. It`s fun to buy MHs for less than $200! :banana: I passed on the 5 and 6, which I thought seemed overgraded. Now I really wish I had been more aggressive in going after the Vancouver Tonto 1 (CGC 9.4) when it was on Heritage over the weekend, as it sold for a mere $448.

Some very strong prices for the MH Atlas/Marvel westerns in the current auction. Who the hell said westerns are dead?!

Tim;

Agree with you on the Tonto #1. (thumbs u

Actually, on second look that was one of the few Vancouver books that I was actually considering putting a bid on. An #1 issue along with a character that just might have some carryover popularity. hm

Didn't bid on it in the end sine I had forgotten all about the book and it was also not on my track list. Also all this negative talk about stagnation in prices of secoond or third tier characters moving forward kind of biased my opinion on the book. Although the Vancouver pedigree is void of any key books of any kind at all, its standing in the upcoming Pedigree book as #3 in condition ranking (even ahead of Church) and #1 in PQ ranking might carry a bit of weight in the future.

Yes, the price was also very reasonable at only $448. Wonder if this had anything to do with Heritage's incorrect OS price valuation for the book at only $110 instead of its correct valuation of $180. doh!

BTW: Congrats on your other pickups! (thumbs u

well, the afterthought 'lightning' auction kept me from being zeroed. got a really pretty air fighters in hi grade for a couple bucks under guide. still can't believe with all the bidding i did that i couldn't get a single vancouver book, tho'.

well, the afterthought 'lightning' auction kept me from being zeroed. got a really pretty air fighters in hi grade for a couple bucks under guide. still can't believe with all the bidding i did that i couldn't get a single vancouver book, tho'.

No Vancouver out of the weekend sale either?

There certainly were lots to choose from.