• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

The price on the GL 3 is nuts. For that kind of money you could have yourself a nice looking Superman 1 or possibly even a restored Action 1.

In this case I'm happy for the seller given the PLOD on his 1 & 2, but I am quite surprised at the price for a GL 3 and the alternatives you pose sound more enticing to me.

its called good old fashioned "English understatement"

lol There was more competition all across the board than I thought there would be. It doesn't hurt that these have been out of circulation for years and that it's been a while since there's been an auction of a Church run of a classic GA hero.

The price on the GL 3 is nuts. For that kind of money you could have yourself a nice looking Superman 1 or possibly even a restored Action 1.

In this case I'm happy for the seller given the PLOD on his 1 & 2, but I am quite surprised at the price for a GL 3 and the alternatives you pose sound more enticing to me.

The 1 and 2 did poorly, but the 3 and most of the others did tremendously well. Looks like a average of over 6 X Guide on the 9.2 or better issues. The total hit around $500K which was more than he was expecting. (He called this morning to see if I wanted to sell him my business! It was good for a giggle.)

The 1 and 2 did poorly, but the 3 and most of the others did tremendously well. Looks like a average of over 6 X Guide on the 9.2 or better issues. The total hit around $500K which was more than he was expecting. (He called this morning to see if I wanted to sell him my business! It was good for a giggle.)

I love a happy ending!

gator

On a side note, did anyone else notice that after San Diego, Metro bumped the prices for most of their premium GA stuff even more? Books that have been sitting in their inventory for five years have another 5% added to their asking price?

One of the first things you learn when you join the fraternal order of comic dealers is the old adage, "If it doesn't sell for $100, it will just as easily not sell for $1000"!

Words to live by really.

That's too funny. What's not funny is how I've gone 0-for-41 on my Heritage Signature Auction bids this year. :sorry:

wow, watching the floor bidding on the MH GL's, someone really wants them!

strong bidding

gator

Well, here's my sad story!

Went for a stroll through the Heritage rose garden (GA GL's) this morning hoping to pluck a few nice ones for a dirt cheap price. Came out of the rose garden with what must have been the only weed (GL #30) in the whole garden stuck to the bottom of my shoe. doh!

Well, at least it is a nice looking weed from it's outer appearance and was able to get it for under guide at $170 before the Heritage juice.

strong bidding

gator

Went for a stroll through the Heritage rose garden (GA GL's) this morning hoping to pluck a few nice ones for a dirt cheap price. Came out of the rose garden with what must have been the only weed (GL #30) in the whole garden stuck to the bottom of my shoe. doh!

Well, at least it is a nice looking weed from it's outer appearance and was able to get it for under guide at $170 before the Heritage juice.

one man's weed is another man's rose :)

strong bidding

gator

I have seen that book raw and it looks like a vf. CGC said something about brittleness to the pages, but the grade on that book was ridiculously low. You got a heck of a deal.

I love a happy ending!

gator

Me too. That's great news for Joe.

Won my first sig auction, and actually got a decent deal!

Weird Mysteries 2 in 5.5 with a classic Baily cover for $260 with the juice. 6.0 guide is $354, so I think I did pretty well. :grin:

The 1 and 2 did poorly, but the 3 and most of the others did tremendously well.

The prices realized on #4 on down, I thought, were pretty stunning. The consignor has to be ecstatic about the results.

And the prices on most of the Supermans were strong also. Those two Pennsylvanias went through the roof.

hello all...

I just checked "my heritage" and I won 3 other comics that had been "red" after the internet bidding portion, but are now "green/closed/won"....what's up with that? (not that I mind winning them)

gator

hello all...

I just checked "my heritage" and I won 3 other comics that had been "red" after the internet bidding portion, but are now "green/closed/won"....what's up with that? (not that I mind winning them)

gator

Not sure what up, however I was not so fortunate. I ended up zero out of four.