• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

Okay since this auction is now open, who is willing to admit what they are chasing? I see a nice Tec I would really like to have.

shouldn't have a problem hanging the vancouver skin on my little pedigree wall--auction is full of them.

i had no idea squire.....

what do you think this copy os worth, concidering the PQ and resto???

GOOD LUCK ;)

Actually I was just kidding and I already have an unrestored copy, so please go for it!

It is a difficult book to find no matter the grade or restoration. It is one of those books that "worth" is not the real question, but simply how much are you willing to pay.

Okay since this auction is now open, who is willing to admit what they are chasing? I see a nice Tec I would really like to have.

shouldn't have a problem hanging the vancouver skin on my little pedigree wall--auction is full of them.

Yup. Looks like someone is getting rid of their funny animal/humor collection too. Does anyone know if most/all the MH and Vancouver "miscellaneous" titles in the auction are from Geppi?

thanks squire,

i have already decided on my max bid, and to be honest, i dont think its going to cut it. :(

i have a few books that are more pressing atm.

but, you never know..... :)

Yup. Looks like someone is getting rid of their funny animal/humor collection too. Does anyone know if most/all the MH and Vancouver "miscellaneous" titles in the auction are from Geppi?

He bought the whole collection so we don't know that they are all from Geppi but then again we do, if you get my drift.

Aiming for cheapest of early GL Mile Highs (not sure which yet)

and of course a number of the TECs.

Too many other comics I like but not sure will have any change to throw at them. ;)

Aiming for cheapest of early GL Mile Highs (not sure which yet)

and of course a number of the TECs.

Too many other comics I like but not sure will have any change to throw at them. ;)

I want to go for the cheapest GL Mile High too! :grin:

Sadly I think the cheapest might still be out of my price range considering how much other stuff I am buying in the next month (Heritage and Comic-Con!) :(

He bought the whole collection so we don't know that they are all from Geppi but then again we do, if you get my drift.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Considering the Vancouver books were discovered during the internet/CGC era, why did Chris Bell decide to sell them altogether to Geppi instead of selling them piecemeal directly or through a auction/consignment site?

Interesting. I did not know that.

Considering the Vancouver books were discovered during the internet/CGC era, why did Chris Bell decide to sell them altogether to Geppi instead of selling them piecemeal directly or through a auction/consignment site?

If you looked at the whole collection, quality wise there were a lot of great books, but collectibility wise, there are many esoteric titles where the majority of the collecting base buys reader to mid grade and does not spend the multiples that a high grade copies like this should command. I think he did not want to get stuck with 30-40% of a great collection by selling piecemeal. These, for the most part, are not superhero books that will always sell everytime they are auctioned.

There are a whole bunch of Batmans that I will be going after. If I have anything left over there are a bunch of other things that look interesting as well. I will probably make a half hearted stab at the Suspense #3 (I will get crushed on it I'm sure). Anyone else going after that one?

There are a whole bunch of Batmans that I will be going after. If I have anything left over there are a bunch of other things that look interesting as well. I will probably make a half hearted stab at the Suspense #3 (I will get crushed on it I'm sure). Anyone else going after that one?

I plan on a half hearted stab as well! :grin:

My bid, like yours, will likely be well short of the hammer!

hey

where did you get the dancing banana from?

I have not bid on the marvel 1 (or the tec 43 or anything, for that matter), so you are punishing someone else :)

gator