• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

My bids are in, now I just wait the 21 or so days until the auction is over. I went with eight Batmans I need for the run, along with weak bids on the Suspense #3, Startling #49 and Tomb of Terror #15. Hoping to win at least a couple of the Batmans and maybe luck into the Tomb of Terror.

Hopefully my bids on the Suspense and Startling at least hold up for a couple weeks :P

I'd love to get a few Spirit Sections.. Angelo's thread has inspired me to revisit the character again..

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just kidding. If I can't get get them, then I hope a forumite wins them. That way they'll be going to a good home.

Angelo

My bids are in, now I just wait the 21 or so days until the auction is over. I went with eight Batmans I need for the run, along with weak bids on the Suspense #3, Startling #49 and Tomb of Terror #15. Hoping to win at least a couple of the Batmans and maybe luck into the Tomb of Terror.

Hopefully my bids on the Suspense and Startling at least hold up for a couple weeks :P

Those are three of the best non-superhero issues out there. Normally I would bid on the ToT 15 as well, but being a sig auction I won't even bother.

There are 6 books I have my eye on, but only two I am really after...and willing to pay the premium that goes along with them being on Heritage.

I'd love to get a few Spirit Sections.. Angelo's thread has inspired me to revisit the character again..

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just kidding. If I can't get get them, then I hope a forumite wins them. That way they'll be going to a good home.

Angelo

You can always PM me the ones you are bidding on.. and I'll stay away from them.... I just want a few sections for the memories..and maybe later I'll try to put a solid run together!!!

Angelo

You can always PM me the ones you are bidding on

Pretty much most of them. The funny thing is, I really only need one or two sections from the group but have to bid on the entire lot. Look at it this way, Paul. It's a win-win situation for you. If I win, I'll keep the one or two sections I need from the group. The rest I can sell to you at a much better price than Heritage. It's in your best interest to have me win as many lots as possible :grin:

Angelo

Angelo

You can always PM me the ones you are bidding on

Pretty much most of them. The funny thing is, I really only need one or two sections from the group but have to bid on the entire lot. Look at it this way, Paul. It's a win-win situation for you. If I win, I'll keep the one or two sections I need from the group. The rest I can sell to you at a much better price than Heritage. It's in your best interest to have me win as many lots as possible :grin:

Angelo

Well... then have at it my good man!!! Win away !!!! ;)

I plan to wait until a few minutes before the on-line bidding ends and then apply a uniform series of punishment bids in the hopes that a few work out for me. Honestly, I am watching a few Batman's, Detectives, Supermans, and odd-ball books. I really like the Green Giant but at over 8k last time around, I am assuming it will be too expensive for me since I have serious questions of it as a good liquid book should I evey want to sell it down stream.

The "D" copy of Tec #168 VF- is of great interest to me ( see my Sig line)

are there 2 D copies?...I remember bidding on the D copy when it first came out last year?, it was a cgc 6.5?....so, I guess there are 2, as I compared this one

tec168crip.jpg

to the current one, and they are different?

gator

are there 2 D copies?...I remember bidding on the D copy when it first came out last year?, it was a cgc 6.5?....so, I guess there are 2, as I compared this one

tec168crip.jpg

gator

Why does that 6.5 look so strange? Just not centered?

tec168crip.jpg

gator

Why does that 6.5 look so strange? Just not centered?

here are a couple of mine (lower grade) to compare to?

tec168s.jpg

tec168cs.jpg

gator

I have a question. Does the restored raw Tec #34 in the upcoming auction appear to be trimmed or am I going crazy? (shrug)

The resto details don't list trimming.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=825&Lot_No=44119

Ronaldo

hey R...

really, really tough to determine trimming without examing the edge under a microscope....to try from a scan is next to impossible, I have found...I had a More Fun that I would have sworn was trimmed, but CGC gave it a clean bill of health!

gator

I have a question. Does the restored raw Tec #34 in the upcoming auction appear to be trimmed or am I going crazy? (shrug)

The resto details don't list trimming.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=825&Lot_No=44119

Ronaldo

hey R...

really, really tough to determine trimming without examing the edge under a microscope....to try from a scan is next to impossible, I have found...I had a More Fun that I would have sworn was trimmed, but CGC gave it a clean bill of health!

gator

Thanks rick! Thats true even more so with me being that I have little experience checking for resto. :P Its just if you look down at Flessel's signature it is almost completely cut off, even more so than usual. It could just be a printing error but with it being raw and all I am being a little paranoid :crazy:

I've been outbid on all 12 items that I originally bid on. :(

I won at least a couple in each of the last two, and I bid on quite a few less. I guess the GA market is picking up steam...

Has everyone noticed how high the bound GA copies are priced in thi sauction.

I can't understand why they think anyone would be willing to pay $18k (including BP) for spiral bound copies of All-American 13 -24. :o

Multiple holes and some brittleness?

All-American Bound 13-24

Yeah there is a decent looking restored copy of issue #16 on ComicConnect asking $12K and you can probably buy 17-21 unrestored for less than $10K, the rest are easy enough to track down. hm

Yup. Looks like someone is getting rid of their funny animal/humor collection too. Does anyone know if most/all the MH and Vancouver "miscellaneous" titles in the auction are from Geppi?

He bought the whole collection so we don't know that they are all from Geppi but then again we do, if you get my drift.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Considering the Vancouver books were discovered during the internet/CGC era, why did Chris Bell decide to sell them altogether to Geppi instead of selling them piecemeal directly or through a auction/consignment site?

If you looked at the whole collection, quality wise there were a lot of great books, but collectibility wise, there are many esoteric titles where the majority of the collecting base buys reader to mid grade and does not spend the multiples that a high grade copies like this should command. I think he did not want to get stuck with 30-40% of a great collection by selling piecemeal. These, for the most part, are not superhero books that will always sell everytime they are auctioned.

Tim;

I believe bulllet123 has hit the nail on the head with his response to your question here. (thumbs u

I just went through the Geppi catalogue hoping to snag a Vancouver book for my pedigree collection wall. I would have to honestly say that there was not one single book that really even made me think of placing a bid on it. Really nothing more than humour and esoteric books that did not interest me in the least.

Really, the only thing going for this pedigree is its eventual high placing in the pending Pedigree book. Looks like the Vancouver Collection is going to finish at #3 in terms of overall condition and #1 in terms of page quality out of all of the GA pedigrees. I guess it does say something when the Church books are not even going to be ranked so high.

Has everyone noticed how high the bound GA copies are priced in thi sauction.

I can't understand why they think anyone would be willing to pay $18k (including BP) for spiral bound copies of All-American 13 -24. :o

Multiple holes and some brittleness?

All-American Bound 13-24

koko;

Probably because Geppi and Heritage both believed that Dave did a really nice job a few months ago setting up this segment of the market with some of the record breaking prices that he was able to generate on some of his bound volume auctions for Geppi.

The trick is to have a run of HTF GA books that rarely comes to market and are in red-hot high demand. If I remember correctly, the Peps (Archies) and Centaurs which Dave had went for multiples of unrestored guide. Not sure if the same thing will happen with the AA's since they do show up more often. hm