• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

I think the scrolling quote box would help avoiding pages of graemlin/quote fights

Yes that's one reason why I like it. Plus, it gets annoying when someone posts a book (or books) and 10+ people reply with quotes. I hate that.

Man, could someone have told me the boards were back up? I had bookmarked the old site, and the link was no longer working, so I assumed that they were still messing with it. Trapped here in the hopsital, even this new *spoon* is better than nothing....

There definitely needs to be a more pronounced appearance to those threads where new posts remain unread. The present look is very difficult to discern.

Agreed, and this is a HUGE issue that needs to be resolved.

And it seems the new JC blocker isn't even working... (yellow smiley face - pointy stick - blue smiley face)

ARGH...where are the good graemlins???

I hate the new quote scrolling box feature. Now, you can't even follow a quoted conversation without having to scroll up/down/left/right...what a headache!

I never really saw any problems with the old boards IMO. Never had speed issues myself. If that was the goal, why the need to change nearly everything about the boards? Was there any percieved problems with the color? The font? Etc, Etc.?

I was expecting to come back on here and find the same great boards, albeit a bit faster, not a completely new chat room.

Also, count me in with the group that feels the rediculous add placement after the first post of every page needs to go. That's really annoying.

+1! I'd also like to add, if it hasn't been stated earlier (only scanned most posts), all this gray is VERY depressing. It's not just change . . . this blows!

I still cannot figure out how to tell a "read" post, from a "non-read" post!!!

This is very frustrating!

As other's have stated; I don't see why they had to change EVERYTHING!!! I can see a server upgrade, but this is a complete, uncalled for site change!

Hopefully, the powers that be will hear our cries and get some semblance of the old forum back! If not, it'll take A LOT of getting used too :(

John

Yeah. Not thrilled, to say the least. :(

I like the old look better. Can anyone tell me how I can change the colors from this awful grey? Maybe to something like JC did a screenshot of earlier (colors were similar to the old settings).

Scrolling quote sucks.

Also, how can I hide the NGC, Card, and other forums that I never go to on the home page? Before, when I'd log on, I had it set so there was just the water cooler and the comic forums to choose from.

And where is the little "yeah, ok" greamlin?

Haven't go thru the rest of the forums yet to really comment on anything else.

Man, and have you noticed that the site's running faster? What happened to the old way, where you could think about what you posted for a few seconds before returning to the discussion, always wondering if the topic has gone elsewhere in the meantime?? (yellow smiley face - pointy stick - blue smiley face)

I like the old look better. Can anyone tell me how I can change the colors from this awful grey? Maybe to something like JC did a screenshot of earlier (colors were similar to the old settings).

That worked for the overall look, but it provided ZERO in terms of color gradient between the Read and Unread posts. It was so bad, many - includng myself - thought that feature was gone.

Now there is like a 5% color gradient (and backwards I might add) using the bland grey format, which is hardly any better and makes the forums impossible to navigate.

For me, this is the #1 issue with the forums right now.

That worked for the overall look, but it provided ZERO in terms of color gradient between the Read and Unread posts. It was so bad, many - includng myself - thought that feature was gone.

Now there is like a 5% color gradient (and backwards I might add) using the bland grey format, which is hardly any better and makes the forums impossible to navigate.

For me, this is the #1 issue with the forums right now.

That's probably my biggest issue with them as well (can't differentiate old/new posts without additional "work").

At least you still get taken to the most recent post in a thread. Hopefully, they'll get the rest of the bugs worked out.

Still don't understand why the format was changed so drastically.

I can not see my pm's option in the "my stuff" drop down menu. Help!

Even if it's behind the "Comics General" box, if you hover over it and click you can get to your PMs.

Thank you, that worked

hey Arch -

if you set the "width" parameter for the styles ".ubbcode-body" and ".ubbcode-block" to 95%, it will get rid of most of the scrolling quotes. they're both set to 510px right now, which would have been a good setting back in 2000, when everyone had to design around 800 x 600 display sizes... :baiting:

Can someone send me a PM? I need to see if I am over my limit.

I tried and got a dialog box saying you're over your limit.

[font:Arial]

If there is now a new limitation on inbox size I hope Arch and company develop a FAQ with this info...better to know this stuff UP FRONT.

On the quote thing...if the IFRAME can be expanded or be dynamic as to eliminate the need for scrolling, that might be better...maybe the thought was to keep the posts from going on and on forever (like during quote wars)

I made a post just last night and I can no longer edit it...has the edit time been changed for less than 1 day? Arch may want to bump it back to the old value, otherwise VCC will be a major flop.

On the bulleted list...you have to have the

• parm in there otherwise the bullets won't show...in previous board version this was not required.

We need to be able to set default font/size as part of our profile...why should we change this each and every time. Personally, this will make reading the boards more obnoxious because I loved the consistency of consistent looking fonts.

WTF is the code tag used for? Doesn't look like it has a use here imho.

O is for obvious.[/font]

1) New graemlins suck

2) Can we possibly get "more" advertisements between the first post and the first following post? I recommend 17 :yeahok-graemlin Something tells me this was the REAL reason for such an undesired change. This place was looking a whole lot nicer and had a friendlier feel to it until this lousy change.

3) SCROLLING in quote boxes is putrid.

4) It sure is wonderful to now have advertisements on each page including this POSTreply page I'm using to type this.

5) colors. More than half the collectors here freak out over any book that doesn't have white pages.... so why would any of them like these colors?

****Helpful tip. Next time create a sample forum and have some people that have a good eye for detail (I can't quite think of anybody at the moment....hm....) kick the tires before it is unleashed.