• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Board... Anything anyone likes so far?
2 2

298 posts in this topic

I'm not big on the color scheme, but the one feature I hope they reinstalll is the "go to first unread post" botton. It was a real convenience, I thought. I do like the fact that the sent PMs are automatically archived and the "read receipt" is automatic.

Angelo

1) I like the threaded PMs!

2) I love the lack of competition on the sale threads!!!!

meh

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

You high?

beerchug.gif

You high?

No emot-350.gif

I am having trouble with the placement of the quote/reply bar though - I frequently hit a different message than I'm looking at. Aw well...., just adds to the general confusion around here....., emot-350.gif

seriously though... are you guys that are saying it hurts your eyes just exaggerating to make a point... or does it "really" hurt your eyes?

It does strain my eyes and the act of looking at the screen for any period of time does induce focus issues and other irritants. Not to mention the grey-turd like color scheme does nothing for my mood.

The two LCDs I use regularly are the Dell 2407 and 2405, and with that kind of real estate, the putridity of the CGC Forums are certainly magnified.

My contrast on my LCD blows now. I can't see the lines very well and my eyes hurt. After a while I become listless and no longer wish to be critical of CGC or any of the self promoting, self important dealers/ collectors on the boards. I'm also beginning to appreciate greggy more and that's scary.I'm now seeing white spots and trails in front of my eyes after only typing this much. Oh the hell with it! I'm gonna go read some Bark's duck books!

but the grey background is killing my eyes. I can't handle being on the boards more than a few minutes. :(

I think the big question is...What is wrong with everybody's eyes???... :crazy:

Yeah, I am about due for an eye exam. This new color scheme does make Greggy look better though.poke.gif

I don't normally wear glasses, but I had to dig them out for the board now...with the glasses, it's readable, but I wish the font stayed the same way it is in this window that I am typing in, instead of reverting to what looks like 8.0.

To answer the question, I like the fact that you can change the font and text size and the new variations on the colored fonts, I can finally use purple, thank you! although sometimes I see the icons to make the changes, and sometimes (like now) I don't...as for the rest, I'm sure you will get it fixed nicely ,soon...meanwhile, I've got a lot more time to finish laundry and sort books:) so...there is a silver cloud:)

But I can't find the gremlins at all, even the tiny ones people are kvetching about...

Thanks for all the hard work, I appreciate the fact that this is here, and free...and I know you must have a bigger headache than I do...so hang in there!

Is there any way to petition to go back to the earlier format?? I didn't see anything wrong with the old version (not one complaint from me or heard from others) and I would vote that this new version is not a useful upgrade and should be replaced by the old version. Its over a week old and does not apepar to be growing on me at all.

I'll cast a vote for less-than-wonderful asesthetics. The gray background seems too business-like to me. I feel like I'm visiting a work-related website, not something that is relevant to (for nearly all of us) a hobby.

I feel like the new look suggests an attempt to legitimize CGC's corporate brand for the non-comic book world ("hey, we're serious folk, no goofy graphics here"). But I have to wonder why that's necessary. I mean, there are plenty of bigger business enterprises out there with more colorful and less straightlaced-looking websites.