• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Robert Kirkman / Todd McFarlane Project

55 posts in this topic

Late Saturday afternoon at San Diego Comic Con International, renowned artist, publisher and entrepreneur Todd McFarlane held his annual update of activities at his company Todd McFarlane Productions. A variety of things were discussed, including a new project involving Robert Kirkman called HAUNT

"When I opened it up to questions, some geeky little kid in the back stood up and asked his question and I found out to my chagrin that it was Robert Kirkman, whose book we publish at Image and I didn't recognize him. I'd never met him or seen his picture.

"The challenge he gave to me at that point was 'Why don't you do more comic books?' and I told him that I was busy with other things and I write collaboratively a bit more. It's too hard to just lock my self away in a room for 12 hours like I once did. I have three kids and multiple businesses. So he volunteered to come on board and help collaborate with me."

At that point, McFarlane brought Kirkman himself up on the dais as well as revealing a teaser image for the project (see below).

"We came up with a concept," McFarlane continued. "We put some visuals to it. We're still tweaking. It's a work in progress. We now have a name for it. 'Haunt' by Robert Kirkman, and I'll be doing most of the covers on it. Unfortunately, I don't have time to be doing the penciling and inking on the inside, but I'll have a creative control all the way though it."

Here's a Teaser Image for the project:

spawn_haunt_promo.jpg

I'm really disappointed. I remember seeing the video last year of Kirkman :baiting: McFarlane into drawing again and was hoping something would come of it. Being an old McFarlane junkie back in the day it's no surprise that he'll just be doing covers. Nothing new there then meh

I'm really disappointed. I remember seeing the video last year of Kirkman :baiting: McFarlane into drawing again and was hoping something would come of it. Being an old McFarlane junkie back in the day it's no surprise that he'll just be doing covers. Nothing new there then meh

Yeah, when I first heard about this project, I thought it would be strictly Todd on art, and Kirkman writing, which would have been great! Oh well, at least maybe we'll still get some cool covers and an interesting new story from Robert

I'm a huge fan of McFarlane, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about this.

Is it just me or has his art dropped in quality a peg or ten?

His lack of drawing over the years really shows. Hell, Jim Lee was good in the '90s, but he's a hundred times better now.

For the record, Haunt looks more like "Spooge-Man" to me.

I'm a huge fan of McFarlane, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about this.

Is it just me or has his art dropped in quality a peg or ten?

His lack of drawing over the years really shows. Hell, Jim Lee was good in the '90s, but he's a hundred times better now.

For the record, Haunt looks more like "Spooge-Man" to me.

lol, spooge-man! if they actually called it that, it may be my next favorite comic (: