• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

My latest...chippin' away at the JIM-stone... :headbang:

RADEA12A200972_03936.jpg

I love that book Tom, it's a beauty. :hi:

My only JIM, and I'm so glad that I get to keep it now...

That's a great looking 4.0...that will look very nice next to your TOS 39! :headbang:

Thanks, but I sold my TOS 39 to Chromium... :cry:

Well then it will look nice next to your HULK 1... :makepoint::golfclap:

My only JIM, and I'm so glad that I get to keep it now...

That's a great looking 4.0...that will look very nice next to your TOS 39! :headbang:

Thanks, but I sold my TOS 39 to Chromium... :cry:

Well then it will look nice next to your HULK 1... :makepoint::golfclap:

(thumbs u

Edited by Twistty1

I'm surprised that it has gone that high. Most of the latest sales have plateaued around 4200 to 4400...and both of those were really nice looking old labels..

Edited by Twistty1

where did you get the special matting from?

I would like to do that with a piece from one of my Batman pages

Actually got it done at Micheals when they had their 60% off sale.

Wanted to get the UV glass etc...

It is the month / year I was born so wanted to get it done right.

Thanks for the kind words

Thor

where did you get the special matting from?

I would like to do that with a piece from one of my Batman pages

Actually got it done at Micheals when they had their 60% off sale.

Wanted to get the UV glass etc...

It is the month / year I was born so wanted to get it done right.

Thanks for the kind words

Thor

Extremely cool! :applause:

I put up my copy of JIM 109 awhile back which has XLNT appeal for the grade and received comments mostly along the lines that the markings in the THOR title were some type of storage ink transfer...I still have no idea and I've owned this book since approx. 1969...see below...

THOR109FN-VF-1.jpg

So I thought it was interesting when I spotted this CGC-graded 9.0 on the current Clink auction and it had very similar markings

RADB9A232009814_14148.jpg

Can it be surmised that there was some production-related aspect to this book...seriously, I've felt all along that this was some aspect of production ink on my book and not an aspect of wear or poor storage... (shrug)

There are a few books that are very commonly found with this defect. Daredevil #7 is another. Ink transfer like this happens because the ink is still wet as the comics are coming off the presses and being stacked. CGC does not downgrade much for it at least up into the 9.4 range as far as I know.

Hope this helps!

There are a few books that are very commonly found with this defect. Daredevil #7 is another. Ink transfer like this happens because the ink is still wet as the comics are coming off the presses and being stacked. CGC does not downgrade much for it at least up into the 9.4 range as far as I know.

Hope this helps!

Does the printing on the back of the book match up with the ink transfer that was left on the front; if so, this would further support your wet ink transfer comments...

Hope this helps!

THX Roy...I'm convinced now it's production-related... (thumbs u