• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

My favorite pre-code JIM! :cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery16a.jpg

This one goes on the want list. Spectacular cover!! (worship)

Just to keep thing straight, I was hoping some JIM expert would spot the change! :devil:

Here's my real book undoctored!

JourneyIntoMystery16.jpg

Nice job. I prefer the variant. hm

Nightcrawler prototype. hm

I agree. "Cooling off" would imply that prices are diving. Instead, few high grade early Thor JIM's have been offered for sale in the past couple of years. The ones that have seem to me to be selling for prices as strong as always. I mean, just try to find high grade copies of #93, any earlier issue, or 97-104 for anything less than at or above GPA average!

My JIM collecting interest lies in issues from #83 to 104, so I know these can get expensive in HG. My pocketbook usually allows me to stay in the ballpark with grades in the 8.5-9.0 range. Do you see this as "high grade" for these issues? Or, do you consider anything under 9.2 for these early issues as common and undesirable for a high grade collection? I know it's probably just one's own personal opinion, but what is you guys opinion if you don't mind me asking.

I think Thor is not that popular these days (I could be wrong...) and therefore the early Thor JIMs reflect that. If a Thor movie was announced...that may spike up some interest...Of course, you can throw that away if an uber-high grade issue come to surface on, say ComicLink or Hemorrhage., I mean Heritage.

Bill

My JIM collecting interest lies in issues from #83 to 104, so I know these can get expensive in HG. My pocketbook usually allows me to stay in the ballpark with grades in the 8.5-9.0 range. Do you see this as "high grade" for these issues? Or, do you consider anything under 9.2 for these early issues as common and undesirable for a high grade collection? I know it's probably just one's own personal opinion, but what is you guys opinion if you don't mind me asking.

I think 9.0 in 83-104 is definitely HG! Some might not agree but to me with early SA it's the last grade that still says Mint in it...I've seen some real purdy 8.5s in that range as well which I would snap up as well...as previously expressed, it's just slim pickens as far as how often these books come up...I think I actually see more 9.4s than 8.5-9.2 but those have serious-money price tags... 2c

The price really wasn't that surprising...as far as scarcity goes, it's hands down the crown jewell of high grade JIM's....even tougher than the 84.I wish you would have gotten it...you're putting together quite a run.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The price really wasn't that surprising...as far as scarcity goes, it's hands down the crown jewell of high grade JIM's....even tougher than the 84.I wish you would have gotten it...you're putting together quite a run.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It is a mutha in grade + the price is about what he paid for it initially from Doug's site. And thanks, its a run I'm really enjoying putting together. (thumbs u