• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

My latest addition... :cloud9:

JOURNEYINTOMYSTERY113CGC90OWW.jpg

Unless there is damage we can't see, I think you got hosed on the grade!!! Looks a LOT nicer than a 9.0

I won it recently on a Heritage weekly Sunday auction...I absolutely agree this book is a 9.2 at worst...there is a little blemish on the spine just to the left of Thor's right hand...just barely breaks color...miniscule...otherwise the spine is perfectly plump...corners are dead perfect both front and back covers...back cover bottom margin has some light pencil...some kid doing a math problem 12x16/192...very light...big deal... (shrug)

Not a single crease or rumple, front or back cover...I've got 9.4s that don't look this nice! :sumo:

I'm gonna call for the notes on this one and will report back

That's a great copy, Tom, and shows why 9.2s are arguably the best bargain in the high grade SA market/insanity. With perfect centering, great cover colors and page quality, staples right on the spine where they belong, and only the most minute of defects to keep it from grading higher, the book is gorgeous. Plus, it's a classic tale of the origins of the Prince of Mischief.

That's a great copy, Tom, and shows why 9.2s are arguably the best bargain in the high grade SA market/insanity. With perfect centering, great cover colors and page quality, staples right on the spine where they belong, and only the most minute of defects to keep it from grading higher, the book is gorgeous. Plus, it's a classic tale of the origins of the Prince of Mischief.

THX Bob! Couldn't agree more! In this case (and in many cases) this 9.2 is a tick and a rub away from a 9.4 at, on average, 25-50% of the cost of the 9.4. I'm plugging along upgrading my set with a goal of JIM 83-99 7.0 and better and 100-125 9.0 or better... :headbang:

THX Bob! Couldn't agree more! In this case (and in many cases) this 9.2 is a tick and a rub away from a 9.4 at, on average, 25-50% of the cost of the 9.4. I'm plugging along upgrading my set with a goal of JIM 83-99 7.0 and better and 100-125 9.0 or better... :headbang:

Absolutely true on the beauty + bargains to be had with 9.2's AND 8.5's IMHO.