• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I was home so I was scanning some books today, nothing as nice as Ed's, but Knights is right, we should have more covers;)

58cb17d4a928f_wonderwoman19_0001.thumb.jpg.b2e50f9ed2190e35995d9f4aed8d0c90.jpg58cb17e6cd060_wonderwoman10_0001.thumb.jpg.7aba5df9265fc7429bfa9c787391b8d2.jpgwonder_woman_8_0001.thumb.jpg.a7882eb73840cdf15a9879d571e3fa70.jpg58cb17f65bd17_wonderwoman26_0001.thumb.jpg.62e088e8a1d90a0a470d54234c9a8054.jpg58cb180173415_wonderwoman46_0001.thumb.jpg.83bb28dc193433a00a289fbc0ba6a024.jpgwonder_woman_15_0001.thumb.jpg.f9ccf41bbc11e8a460c889bcef2edce6.jpg58cb181cc396f_wonderwoman28_0001.thumb.jpg.3f89af1bb7d94815d95fa3ff240d9bd1.jpg

Those are some very nice funny books!

My first post here tho it should be my wife Allie who is the WW collector in the family putting this up. Here is Sensation 1 to 10 of which she has the complete run plus the 3 early solo All Star appearances and is going for the All Stars that feature WW more then a few panels 

Sensation 1 to 10.jpg

Edited by batt90

Overstreet listed it as scarce. Since I've owned at least 5 copies at one time or another, I'm not so sure about "scarce" except for in high grade.  It's never been an easy book, but not really "scarce".

So nice to hear that there is another female WW collector:)

@Knightsofold It's a 10 cent cover, GAtor might be a golden age expert, but as far as I'm concerned, she looks beautiful right here (although you can post it both places;) 

Well I was referring to it in a high grade. There are a fair amount of lower grade copies around but not so easy to find a 6.0 or better which is what she likes to collect. As an FYI I wish I could figure out how to make these posts work correctly. Allie is kinda sorta a WW collector for sure. 

Edited by batt90

On 3/16/2017 at 6:16 PM, edowens71 said:

Next one in today...won this in a recent eBay auction. I was coming off of the recent Comiclink auction where I came up empty (and was the underbidder on several books), so I threw down an anger bid  lol  . I will say that I wish all my 7.0s looked like this:

sensation46_f.jpg

A knockout, in more ways than one! :)

1 hour ago, batt90 said:

My wife  Allie's Comic Cav # 29

CC 29 mile high.jpg

That's a tough book! Very nice!

Is she a boarder? It would be wonderful to have her post here:)

Somewhere back at the beginning of this thread, I put all my WW and Sensations on the floor and took pictures. I've since upgraded a bit, but it was a long journey to complete the series, I did meet one other woman at an auction years ago, who was also trying to complete the series. I think she was from NJ. I know she outbid me on a few things.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

That's a tough book! Very nice!

Is she a boarder? It would be wonderful to have her post here:)

Somewhere back at the beginning of this thread, I put all my WW and Sensations on the floor and took pictures. I've since upgraded a bit, but it was a long journey to complete the series, I did meet one other woman at an auction years ago, who was also trying to complete the series. I think she was from NJ. I know she outbid me on a few things.

Wow, I just figured out how to do a quote. I am a happy camper right now. I asked her 3 years ago if she wanted to join when I first did and because of her job she just did not want to get involved in anything else. Facebook with its WW groups was and is an effort for her. She has the complete Comic Cav run as well as the other 2 tho she is looking for a few upgrades. She also has a killer Big All American too and quite the vintage WW toy and art collection too. Is original vintage WW art allowed here or does that go somewhere else? We are not in NJ but NY.

Edited by batt90

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:59 PM, Boba said:

Just WOW :luhv:

. . , now that's what I call a masterpiece.

Some of the WW, Sensation covers could rival (or surpass) the very best Action, Detective or covers, or any GA title for that matter.

Speaking as a Batman guy I have to agree with you. Some of the Peter covers are just outrageously beautiful

I have often wondered what other people think the key issues are in the Sensation Comics run.  The ones that come to mind immediately are:

#1 - for obvious reasons

#2 - First Etta Candy

#6 - first lasso

#13 - Bowling pins cover

#68 - first Huntress (although not in the Wonder Woman story)

# 94 - First "all girl" issue

Any others?

A related question is what are the "classic" covers.  Two of my favorites are:

#26 and #35

sensation 26.jpg

Sensation 35.jpg

11 hours ago, batt90 said:

Wow, I just figured out how to do a quote. I am a happy camper right now. I asked her 3 years ago if she wanted to join when I first did and because of her job she just did not want to get involved in anything else. Facebook with its WW groups was and is an effort for her. She has the complete Comic Cav run as well as the other 2 tho she is looking for a few upgrades. She also has a killer Big All American too and quite the vintage WW toy and art collection too. Is original vintage WW art allowed here or does that go somewhere else? We are not in NJ but NY.

The auction I was thinking of was the Weiss Auction in L.I. I think Gator was bidding against me, too, by phone;) I won a few things I wanted, but at a much higher cost than I expected, lol.

I don't know why you couldn't post "vintage" art. I have a few GA strips, and some SA art pages.

8 minutes ago, Alzabar said:

I have often wondered what other people think the key issues are in the Sensation Comics run.  The ones that come to mind immediately are:

#1 - for obvious reasons

#2 - First Etta Candy

#6 - first lasso

#13 - Bowling pins cover

#68 - first Huntress (although not in the Wonder Woman story)

# 94 - First "all girl" issue

Any others?

A related question is what are the "classic" covers.  Two of my favorites are:

#26 and #35

sensation 26.jpg

Sensation 35.jpg

Great books!

I've never really thought about key issues, I was more concerned with which ones I needed;) I suppose the Robot cover, I think it's 103, is a classic. If I remember correctly, #3 was the last time she was wearing a skirt.

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

The auction I was thinking of was the Weiss Auction in L.I. I think Gator was bidding against me, too, by phone;) I won a few things I wanted, but at a much higher cost than I expected, lol.

I don't know why you couldn't post "vintage" art. I have a few GA strips, and some SA art pages.

Guess what Sky? That was my wife Allie. U met both of us that day. We were there for me because Phil had and I wanted and  won a sealed  Golden Records Batman kit that day. Wow this is very cool. I remember that day well cause I got it for a steal. I do remember u and Allie thought  you were very nice. Are you on Facebook? That is about the only net Allie does. If I can't get her to sign up here maybe you 2 could connect that way. I am on it too.

I went on one of my old tablets and found this pic. The Big All American is a knockout. Its as nice as my 1940's World's Fair both of which came from the same dealer. Allie has 2 # 2's but still wants a better copy if she can find it.

Comic Cav Big All american.jpg

2 hours ago, batt90 said:

Guess what Sky? That was my wife Allie. U met both of us that day. We were there for me because Phil had and I wanted and  won a sealed  Golden Records Batman kit that day. Wow this is very cool. I remember that day well cause I got it for a steal. I do remember u and Allie thought  you were very nice. Are you on Facebook? That is about the only net Allie does. If I can't get her to sign up here maybe you 2 could connect that way. I am on it too.

Sorry, no, I don't do facebook, but please tell her hi for me, I had a feeling it was you, but it was a while ago, and I didn't remember exactly where you were from:)  I thought she was very nice as well. Amazing collection she has accumulated. I'm always hoping more female collectors will show up here:)