• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, N e r V said:

Which of the 3 books (AS 8, Sen 1, WW 1) are you getting the most requests for? You need the trilogy to complete any true WW collection    but I'm curious which of the 3 seems to get the most attention currently. 

As8 hands down. Then sens1 , closely followed by ww1

On 5/18/2017 at 3:54 PM, batt90 said:

Well I am gonna go out in about 5 minutes and burn in the sun for a bit. This is gonna take a while and I will dip in and out here over time. Thought I would post up this book since its been a while since I posted anything

Alliecomiccav#8.jpg

Either Flash has a noodle leg, or GL and WW don't have much chance to catch that ball.  Now if GL had kicked it and Flash was running to catch it ....

On 5/18/2017 at 4:00 PM, batt90 said:

OK so I just learned that you can't copy and paste images here so this is the pic I thought was going to be in my last post

wwpostcardimcomingboys#1.jpg

Really cool piece!

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:32 AM, G.A.tor said:

Which of the 3 books (AS 8, Sen 1, WW 1) are you getting the most requests for? You need the trilogy to complete any true WW collection    but I'm curious which of the 3 seems to get the most attention currently. 

As8 hands down. Then sens1 , closely followed by ww1

Well it should be  the book for WW people but most of the WW collectors we know have traditionally focused on WW 1. I think that is because a lot of  them are not really comic book people like the pros here are but rather are more WW collectors meaning all the other non comic but related WW  stuff. I know Allie nailed the 8 first then got the Sensation 1 and bought the WW 1 last.  

Okay gang, this is just my second post on the CGC chat board (so hopefully I don't make a total a** of myself), but I wanted to throw this theory of mine out for others to consider.  

Now that the Wonder Woman movie is a huge success, there's a lot of chatter out there on the internet / various websites about who will be the next antagonist in the Wonder Woman 2 movie.

Not a single website that I've visited...Zero...Nada...Zilch...has mentioned Nubia as a possible consideration.   

Please give me a minute of your time as I explain my theory...

As you all probably know, in the comics Nubia is Wonder Woman's sister.  Hippolyta (Wonder Woman's mother) had formed two babies (Diana and Nubia) from clay, one dark and one light. 

Mars (aka Ares or the God of War - who was the primary villain in the Wonder Woman movie) abducted Nubia as a baby and raised her as his daughter.  Nubia was trained as the weapon of destruction by Mars / Areas.

Now, at the end of the Wonder Woman movie, Mars was supposedly killed.  Ask yourself, what better way to continue this saga in the Wonder Woman 2 movie then to have Nubia (Mar's daughter) seek revenge for the death of her father (Mars / Ares).

Furthermore (this is the main reason why I think my theory has some meat), as you'll recall during the Wonder Woman movie, Hippolyta made reference TWICE on Paradise Island to the fact that Wonder Woman (Diana) must NOT know some sort of secret. That secret was never revealed in the movie.

I believe that "secret" that Hippolyta kept from Diana in the movie is that she (Diana) has a sister (Nubia).

If I'm correct, then Diana will find out in the Wonder Woman  2 movie that Nubia is her long lost sister which is now her enemy (since Nubia is raised by Mars).

Furthermore, in this world of being politically correct, an African American will go a long way to erase all of the white washing in Hollywood.

In any case, "Thank You" for reading by theory / babbling.

I guess we'll know in a couple of years if I'm correct.  

See ya.

Way to early to speculate now.

Jenkins is not currently signed on for WW2 and if she does sign she may be more involved with the -script (which is currently non existent). I did see her say she would like a WW2 set in the US if she's on board for 2. 

Since this Wonder Woman movie has been compared to the first Captain America movie as a stand alone piece (both set far in the past) whatever the villain is in 2 I'm pretty sure it will take place in our current time period with several cast members not returning like Cap 1.

Whatever they do I'm just hoping Jenkins inks a deal for 2. I'm scared the WB will do a Fox maneuver and sign someone like Brett Ratner for the follow up instead. lol

On 5/18/2017 at 0:57 PM, G.A.tor said:
On 5/18/2017 at 0:54 PM, batt90 said:

Well I am gonna go out in about 5 minutes and burn in the sun for a bit. This is gonna take a while and I will dip in and out here over time. Thought I would post up this book since its been a while since I posted anything

Alliecomiccav#8.jpg

Read more  

Fun book

Although a fun book, I imagine there's no spillover effect in terms of values for these types of WW related books, even with the the success of the WW movies? 

My bet is that these "fun" covers have been in the doghouse for the longest while now, and will remain there indefinitely no matter how hot Wonder Woman gets since today's marketplace is generally focused only on the keys and classic covers.  :frown:

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, da.amazing.spiderman said:

Furthermore (this is the main reason why I think my theory has some meat), as you'll recall during the Wonder Woman movie, Hippolyta made reference TWICE on Paradise Island to the fact that Wonder Woman (Diana) must NOT know some sort of secret. That secret was never revealed in the movie.

I think it totally was revealed at the end and by Aries himself but I  don't want to get any more specific without giving away stuff for someone who has not seen it yet.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Although a fun book, I imagine there's no spillover effect in terms of values for these types of WW related books, even with the the success of the WW movies? 

My bet is that these "fun" covers have been in the doghouse for the longest while now, and will remain there indefinitely no matter how hot Wonder Woman gets since today's marketplace is generally focused only on the keys and classic covers.  :frown:

My take on Comic Cav is the same as for World's Finest for the first 70 issues which also suffered from the "fun cover" syndrome. They both are the last bastion of solo golden age stories for both Batman and Robin and Wonder Woman (Supes too but we don't collect him) and that is why I finally went after them. For years WF's were dead in the water in terms of desirability for a lot of collectors myself included. A good dealer friend of mine kept pushing me to buy them and I didn't because my focus was the Detective and Batman runs. Finally when I had them pretty much done and after I did the Star Spangled Robin issues I  saw the light and went after the WF's.  I remember going through the ones Metropolis had. Those books had not been looked at for years and the prices had not been updated either and I got a lot of books at really good prices. I also found out (but also expected) how tough the issue #'s in the 50's and 60's were (which is typical for most 1950's DC's as everyone knows). Then as I was getting near the end dealers started telling me people were asking for the same books I  was going for. All of a sudden the Metropolis box got emptied out of all the nice issues in it from people placing orders for them. People had begun to see the collectability of those books and while they are not in the Batman/Detective league yet  they are no longer the doormats they once were. This is what happened with Allie. Once she had the 2 main runs CC's were the last frontier to collect golden age stories she did not have. For Comic Cav I can see the potential for the same scenario if the movie brings in more people and they go after the Sensations and WW's and people want to read and collect stories that don't get reprinted in the same way her 2 main books do. To be clear I am saying this could happen and it may not. But collecting tastes change and it is hard to predict what people will buy in the future and I think there is a chance this could happen.

Looks like somebody must be trying to cash in on the success popularity of the Wonder Woman movie.

Especially when they have a near complete run of the WW comics right from issue #1 through to issue #218 plus some on the newer WW series available in the next CC Event auction apparently scheduled for this coming August / September.  hm