• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX Sale Prices versus CGC

184 posts in this topic

CGC is the ONLY grading company I use. The thought of using PGX or any other grading company has never even crossed my mind up to this point so I cannot make a comparison.

Heck, if all I want are my comics in some sturdy plastic case, I can probably make them myself and do my own grading. I feel like I'm probably just as reputable as this Daniel fellow is at least for grading my own books! HA!

"5. During the grading process (a walk-through) I spoke with Daniel, Dave and Allison. "

Soooooo......that never happened?

Sounds like Bill talked to them during the grading process, just not about grades.

Understood, but in a way, it was a serious response.

The fact is that you cannot in any way trust a book in a PGX slab. Under any circumstances. Ever.

They do not have a restoration check of any reliability...if they have one at all. You can never be too sure that the book in your hand didn't come from the Eugene 'cartel', and therefore could have been manipulated, bumped in grade, etc, etc

And if you're submitting to PGX, you are risking your money every time you slap down your credit card. The organisation is tiny and could at any point collapse, thus risking your slabbing fees, and the value of anything you have in a PGX case.

For all of these reasons, there simply isn't a valid comparison to be made. One is an international, professional, reputable organisation...the other is a one-man band selling dodgy goods from a market stall.

A eugene cartel?That is being paranoid.

"5. During the grading process (a walk-through) I spoke with Daniel, Dave and Allison. "

Sounds like Bill talked to them during the grading process, just not about grades.

I do not understand.

He did or did not talk to the grader(s?) during the process? That's what he stated.

Maybe they talked about cooking or gardening........ :baiting:

:jokealert:

Anyway, Rich, I am not going to get into anything about this with you, as nor you or I were on the phone with them.

See you in Chicago! :headbang:

I do not understand.

He did or did not talk to the grader(s?) during the process? That's what he stated.

Maybe they talked about cooking or gardening........ :baiting:

:jokealert:

Anyway, Rich, I am not going to get into anything about this with you, as nor you or I were on the phone with them.

See you in Chicago! :headbang:

My final word, and post, for the hard of head, I never, EVER, was told the grade until after it was slabbed. How does this differ from CGC? But I guess the word of someone who wasn't on the phone, and is a direct competitor to the other party, is more credible?

Don't you find it odd that I slab one book with PGX, make a comment in response to someone's question about experiences with them, and get attacked by the big kahuna himself. Insecurity?

You know what?

it.

FDQ out.

See ya'll in Chicago. I'm done with this place.

But I guess the word of someone who wasn't on the phone, and is a direct competitor to the other party, is more credible?

Considering the circumstances Bill , yes.

People will of course question CGC's grading policies. They will always find reason to question how personal relationships might affect the bottom line but in the end it comes down to trust, do I trust Steve , Haspel, Litch and co. to stand behind what it is they put in a slab. Absolutely

CGC puts themselves out there for all to see, PGX does not. (for whatever obtuse , insane, complete shoot themselves in the foot reason they come up with week in week out.)

Regarding your FDQ reaction to Steves response to your " I just responded to questions posed in this thread". Well what did you expect Bill?, flowers?

You knowingly pizzed in his sandbox, so please cut the "I am out of here crahp" and stay the course instead of turning tail and going home.

Until Chicago that is.

Kenny

You knowingly pizzed in his sandbox,

If CGC doesn't want PGX discussions on their boards then their moderators should shut them down when they start. If CGC lets the discussion continue then board members should be able to state their opinion. I am not sure Bill should get blasted by a CGC employee for doing just that.

If CGC doesn't want PGX discussions on their boards then their moderators should shut them down when they start. If CGC lets the discussion continue then board members should be able to state their opinion. I am not sure Bill should get blasted by a CGC employee for doing just that.

Whoever said people could not state their opinions about PGX?

I was merely teasing Bill for leaving in a huff after he was confronted by the person who rules the roost here given their history.

Have a thicker skin when you poke the beast in his own backyard is all I am saying.

:baiting:

Ze-

I was merely teasing Bill for leaving in a huff after he was confronted by the person who ruled the roost here given their history.

Have a thicker skin when you poke the beast in his own backyard is all I am saying.

Ze-

But Bill wasn't poking the beast. He was stating his experience in response to the original poster's quiry.

And Steve was poking when he called out Bill, but not the original poster.

Obviously Bill thought Steve was taking a direct poke at him.

I was merely teasing Bill for leaving in a huff after he was confronted by the person who ruled the roost here given their history.

Ze-

But Bill wasn't poking the beast. He was stating his experience in response to the original poster's quiry.

And Steve was poking when he called out Bill, but not the original poster.

Obviously Bill thought Steve was taking a direct poke at him.

Fair enough, Unfortunately Bill left so I guess it is over as I have no real dog in the fight.

Night

Ze-

I was merely teasing Bill for leaving in a huff after he was confronted by the person who rules the roost here given their history.

Kenny,

How you doing?Hope your child is ok.

Ze-

Pgx is one of those hot button issues.If you even mention the fact you live in Oregon you must be in kahoots with pgx.Heaven forbids you live in Eugene then you are part of a cartel.

People we are talking about comics.Lets put it in perspective.Not war,not drug dealing cartels,Comic books.

Pgx is one of those hot button issues.If you even mention the fact you live in Oregon you must be in kahoots with pgx.Heaven forbids you live in Eugene then you are part of a cartel.

People we are talking about comics.Lets put it in perspective.Not war,not drug dealing cartels,Comic books.

No surprise you're getting all defensive...being a member of said cartel, and all that. (thumbs u

... you live in Eugene then you are part of a cartel.

Yeah....we know that already. Eugene is the Waco of comic book scam artists. :baiting:

No, we're not really talking about comic books....

...we're talking about money. Money and the lengths to which people will go to avoid making an honest living. :makepoint:

No surprise you're getting all defensive...being a member of said cartel, and all that. (thumbs u

Excuse me?Have you bought a comic from me?And you people wonder why others just leave giving you thir little finger.