• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX Sale Prices versus CGC

184 posts in this topic

FT,

My spelling gets worse the faster I type.Fat fingers I guess.I actually can spell but my typing really stinks.Nobody on this system bought a trimmed,fixed,restored book from me.I hardly think my identity matters.Certain people will always jump on me as being a crook(with no evidence).So it is up to the board members to decide.If you believe me great.If not you are missing out on a good person to deal and talk comics with.

No, but a smart one might offer a shred of evidence to the contrary. If he could.

Considering that no one believes you....and you've made no effort to clear anything up.....then don't whine about being misunderstood.

Rh,

What evidence has been produced against me?None.What am I to dispute when there is NO evidence?

Your problem stems from

1) the isp identifier which nailed you at "hello".

2) I know most of the people posting in this thread and they are totally upright guys. I've had a few beers with them along the way. I've known them for years. Nik, FT, OG, Cod .....these are the good guys.

And guess what? Every one of them is smarter than you.

That's just the way it is.

You're offering nada.

So you get nada.

What evidence has been produced against me?None.What am I to dispute when there is NO evidence?

Here's a long-ago posted statement about ma4pres that mentions Dennis Hooker. I think it's from (comicdonna?) this thread.

If you're Dennis Hooker you might want to clarify your part in that transaction, for the record.

"As I mentioned in the 1st page of the original thread, the transaction I had with them was weird.

The info that ebay keeps on record for ma4pres is:

Christina Leder

4450 Hilton Drive.

Eugene, Or. 97402

(541) 521-2620

When she finally replied from christinascollectables@hotmail.com she gave me an address.

Terance Leder

PO. box 2423

Eugene, Or. 97402

Several days later, I sent another e-mail, and recieved a paypal payment from:

Dennis Hooker

293 West 7th

Eugene, Or. 97401

His e-mail address with paypal is: dhooker@pond.net

with an unconfirmed address, so I sent the book to Terrance.

We are talking about a $529 payment, so, I guess my point is: Who is Dennis Hooker? He must fit in here somewhere. The Leder's must have called him to make the payment. He typed in the subject matter manually with paypal. "

Your problem stems from

2) I know most of the people posting in this thread and they are totally upright guys. I've had a few beers with them along the way. I've known them for years. Nik, FT, OG, Cod .....these are the good guys.

You're offering nada.

So you get nada.

The isp identifer is not proof.Every compuer with the same isp server(in a small area) will have that same address.Evey computer does have its own address.But you would not get it from a sent email.Steve Gibson,a computer genius who runs the government security,spent days tracking someone down by their isp address.Im not knocking anybodys "smarts" here but i think he might be a wee bit smarter than the above mentioned gentleman.

The isp identifer is not proof.Every compuer with the same isp server(in a small area) will have that same address.Evey computer does have its own address.But you would not get it from a sent email.Steve Gibson,a computer genius who runs the government security,spent days tracking someone down by their isp address.Im not knocking anybodys "smarts" here but i think he might be a wee bit smarter than the above mentioned gentleman.

Quit tromping out that same lie; it's not true and has been disproven ad nauseum (though you conveniently chose to ignore the facts.) Every email contains a header which gives the IP address of each 'bounce' from the sending computer, through the mail servers to the recipient.

Once the sending IP is know it is EASY to track down the sender; anyone with a modicum of knowledge and access to the ISP's network/mail server could do it in about 10 minutes.

Of course the facts about e-mail are not really relevant since you were caught with the same IP as Terrence Leder shill accounts on a message board (not through e-mail.)

Your problem stems from

You're offering nada.

So you get nada.

Thanks for the props! I like to think I have come a long way from when I first started posting here in defense of myself and PGX. I actually have warmed up to some of the people here that I never would have though could have happened. Like every other forum board I have been a member at I have been an jerk, , hard head, and any other nasty adjective one wants use but I have learned to listen too.

Funny thing is I have never even submitted a book to CGC or been able to throw my support behind them for reasons that have been expressed time and again here and on other forums as Oxbladder. Heck I have been suspended for saying some downright nasty things but people have listened, objected, pointed out my mistakes, of which I make often, and I have incorporated it into my understanding of the industry.

In the last few months I have made it a point to no longer be as antagonistic in my approach to CGC. Why? My points get lost. While a number of people here never knew my full identity it is there for all to see in my profile now and I don't guard it so much any more because it hurts more than hinders my POV.

This is some of the basic stuff that PGX and yourself do not understand " the shadow knows". The is a strange world sometimes and so some of what you have said in the past could be perfectly true but I have no way of knowing because there is no way to verify it. You say you don't want to disclose because of legal ramifications but a lawyer here offered his services gratis if disclosure brought you trouble.

Supposedly you have some hard facts about PGX/Leder/Elliot but I have not seen anything that REALLY supports your "innocence". The only facts that are sticking in my head are that you have the same IP that Leder/Elliot used, you have claimed, privately, to be Dennis Hooker to some one, and that interesting bit of evidence posted above by Davenport. If you are Dennis Hooker then that little interesting tidbit above certainly needs explaining. I just can't comprehend how your name and personal info was being used and you did not know.

clear those things up and people might start believing what you say and give you some respect. Long ago Daniel Patterson started playing the shimmy and slide around revealing facts about his business and now look where it has got him. I don't doubt if he had ever listened to critics and supporters alike on certain matters PGX would actually be in competition with CGC instead of being a sideshow. I gave them a long leash but eventually their inaction and suspicious activities removed them from what I would consider being a credible business.

Oh and before you start spewing this tale of me being bitter at Daniel for him moving to using STL for his web designer .. it is not true at all. I was not able to do exactly what Daniel wanted and I had to move out of my house for a few months while it was being renovated so it made no sense to continue to try and work on the website with no internet connection. I was more than happy to give up that job.

Ask James and company how hard it was to work for Daniel. Ask them how they got stiffed. At least Daniel didn't screw me (though I did put more hours in than the 27 submissions I got for free (hell my friends and I had to pay over $200 CDN for shipping to get the books there))

Oh and before you start spewing this tale of me being bitter at Daniel for him moving to using STL for his web designer .. it is not true at all. I was not able to do exactly what Daniel wanted and I had to move out of my house for a few months while it was being renovated so it made no sense to continue to try and work on the website with no internet connection. I was more than happy to give up that job.

Ask James and company how hard it was to work for Daniel. Ask them how they got stiffed. At least Daniel didn't screw me (though I did put more hours in than the 27 submissions I got for free (hell my friends and I had to pay over $200 CDN for shipping to get the books there))

And you didn't get screwed? doh!

Not spewing at all.Nice post.

Just bear with me a second.z-man ,ft,davenport,(or whomever your friends are on here)come over to your house and .ask you to use your computer to respond on ebay.What would you say?Would you say no you might be using it for bad things?Of course you wouldnt.You would let them use the computer.It is the same thing with me.I trusted someone who turned out to be a crook.That is why the ip address match.

Well I hadn't anticipated such a cost for shipping but at least I did not have to pay for the return. The problem for me was that I don't live in a major city that has Fed Ex and such and by the time I figured out who to ship it with I had a collection of books that exceeded most carriers insurance coverage. So really I screwed myself .. I could have easily not shipped the books. Three people split the cost so it was not all that bad. I would have preferred Daniel to pick up the charges though ....

Shipping costs are one of the few things that have kept me from trying CGC out. I doubt I would want to send more than one or two books at a time and that seems just way too expensive

Well I hadn't anticipated such a cost for shipping but at least I did not have to pay for the return. The problem for me was that I don't live in a major city that has Fed Ex and such and by the time I figured out who to ship it with I had a collection of books that exceeded most carriers insurance coverage. So really I screwed myself .. I could have easily not shipped the books. Three people split the cost so it was not all that bad. I would have preferred Daniel to pick up the charges though ....

Shipping costs are one of the few things that have kept me from trying CGC out. I doubt I would want to send more than one or two books at a time and that seems just way too expensive

I was kind of thinking about having 27 PGXed books.

Just wanted to go on the record and say that after speaking with Dennis a few times I am starting to better understand this entire situation, if that's possible.

He knew when I called him tonight I was skeptical of him, his story, and his motivations, I continually called him out for things that have been brought up in this thread, and others. But the picture he painted was presented in a different manner then the way it was here.(but also very enlightening) It baffled me as to why, and I said as much to him.

Dennis I urge you to put everything out there for all to see and judge, and let the chips fall where they may. If half of what we talked about was based on truth you have no reason to not come forward, and if it turns out it was all a snow job then shame on me for wasting an hour of my life. But after speaking with you at length I am starting to see a different side then the persona you have shown here thus far and I am not sure why that is. I honestly think you like this cat and mouse horsebleep.

I am not going to spell out what we discussed, if you want to come forward it will be your decision, not mine.

Oh well, thats my 2c

I gotta go pack for Chicago but just wanted it said.

Ze-