• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for the rest of 2007

45 posts in this topic

Uh, no.

See the big title on the top of that page? It doesn't say Comic Values or Comic Quantities ,

it says [font:Arial Black]Comic Scores [/font]!

Each comic in each category is assigned varying scores based on scarcity and demand. (thumbs u

Some initially thought the scores were directly related to value, but if that's the case, then CGC definitely needs to upgrade the scores on...just about all of them.

Rick

Im going to try and knock off 2-3 issues of the Adams run on GL. I have 76 and then 85-89.

Im looking for these issues in 9.4 with the exception of 79 which i want in 9.2

I would also like to find several nice JLA issues with cool covers. A 29 would be :cloud9: but if I buy one in the grade I want...

Also, some nice late SA early BA Bats and Tecs in HG raw would be nice as well.

Might I make a suggestion: if you can afford it, go after the biggies 1st.

Totally agree.

Every time I think interest is waning in the title & go after a low #...I get person_without_enough_empathy-slapped by some unknown out of the clear blue (it better not be you, Tim).

Did you pick up the 9.4 #5 in the most recent Heritage auction, Rick? I thought it went for a very reasonable price. I`m pretty frustrated with the few early NM JLAs that have come on the market recently. They`re usually pretty fugly. The 9.4 #7 in the same auction had a horrendous miswrap. I think I only put in token bids on the #7 and #8.

Did you pick up the 9.4 #5 in the most recent Heritage auction, Rick? I thought it went for a very reasonable price. I`m pretty frustrated with the few early NM JLAs that have come on the market recently. They`re usually pretty fugly. The 9.4 #7 in the same auction had a horrendous miswrap. I think I only put in token bids on the #7 and #8.

Price wasn't bad on the #5, but I just re-fi'd 2 weeks ago. And you know how I feel about using my credit card for buying books! Would rather fill holes before up-grading. Plus I still like my 9.0 better (especially at the price I paid for it). I definitely gotta re-sub my low-# issues.

You're right about the recently graded low-# JLA's hitting the market now; unappealing presentation overall. The deal-breaker on the #7 was the lower right corner; looks like it's hanging on by a sliver, just waiting to come off.

And then of course, the #8.... :angel:

Rick

Man All i really want to do is just try to focus. I have so many different interests and working on so many different run completions I drive myself crazy :insane: I really need to try to complete My Atlas Seaboard Magazine run and finish up my Broze Age batman TEC. Run. Problem is I always find cool weird Obscure 70s books that get in the way of my goals. And I Apologize I just realized I AM IN THE SILVER NOT BRONZE SECTION doh!

Man All i really want to do is just try to focus. I have so many different interests and working on so many different run completions I drive myself crazy :insane: I really need to try to complete My Atlas Seaboard Magazine run and finish up my Broze Age batman TEC. Run. Problem is I always find cool weird Obscure 70s books that get in the way of my goals. And I Apologize I just realized I AM IN THE SILVER NOT BRONZE SECTION doh!

Maybe subconsciously you really want to collect SA. hm

Interesting thread. I have no goals this year, as goals lead to spending a lot of money in bidding wars. I'm unfocused and intend to stay that way. I have about 25 core SA series that I buy now and then, and can be tempted by all manner of things, especially good art and striking covers. I guess I collect like I'm still a kid spinning a comic rack around until something catches my fancy.

1. Scamming more scammers

2. Buying more trooper stuff

3. Convincing the board that DC war 10 centers suck so I can save some fricken money

4. Have MK post something interesting so he can get rid of that stupid custom title.

5. Attend more Cons so I can hook up with a princess leia in a gold bikini and fulfill my 20 year long fantasy

6. Kick a stormtrooper in the nads, for some reason they annoy me at cons....while I'm at it kick Khoas in the nads too for being a tool.

7. Remember to brag about my yearly raise, and thank the US tax payer for paying my wage.

8. Convince CGC to create a trooper registry, and to process my submissions faster simply because I said so.

9. Drink more beer

3. Convincing the board that DC war 10 centers suck so I can save some fricken money

:gossip: I don't think your current strategy is working very well.

7. Remember to brag about my yearly raise, and thank the US tax payer for paying my wage.

Our thanks are due to you for your service to the country. (thumbs u

4. Have MK post something interesting so he can get rid of that stupid custom title.

5. Attend more Cons so I can hook up with a princess leia in a gold bikini and fulfill my 20 year long fantasy

6. Kick a stormtrooper in the nads, for some reason they annoy me at cons....while I'm at it kick Khoas in the nads too for being a tool.

8. Convince CGC to create a trooper registry, and to process my submissions faster simply because I said so.

9. Drink more beer

I personally liked No. 5!

9. Drink more beer

And not in that order either...

I`m about six books away from my 2007 goal of Avengers 1-30.

I get side tracked now and then with some of my bronze age tittles, but it looks like i`ll get this goal completed. (thumbs u

Good luck on your goal. It's one of the more enjoyable aspects of the hobby: the Quest.