• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for the rest of 2007

45 posts in this topic

Nice start on your JLA set, Spookley.

Might I make a suggestion: if you can afford it, go after the biggies 1st. Every time I think interest is waning in the title & go after a low #...I get person_without_enough_empathy-slapped by some unknown out of the clear blue (it better not be you, Tim).

Plus check out tth2's & my registry sets. If you go after an ish that he and/or I are missing...cha-ching! Someone's gonna pay. :devil:

Good luck with completing your set in 3-4 years. I gave up on that dream in the 90's. :sorry:

By the way, my goal for the rest of '07 is to get "1" more book to help fill my holes in the top 30 (5) or up-grade a below 9.0 ish (3). :wishluck: Dare to Dream

Rick

Nice start on your JLA set, Spookley.

Might I make a suggestion: if you can afford it, go after the biggies 1st. Every time I think interest is waning in the title & go after a low #...I get person_without_enough_empathy-slapped by some unknown out of the clear blue (it better not be you, Tim).

Plus check out tth2's & my registry sets. If you go after an ish that he and/or I are missing...cha-ching! Someone's gonna pay. :devil:

Good luck with completing your set in 3-4 years. I gave up on that dream in the 90's. :sorry:

By the way, my goal for the rest of '07 is to get "1" more book to help fill my holes in the top 30 (5) or up-grade a below 9.0 ish (3). :wishluck: Dare to Dream

Rick

Your JLA collection rocks. :headbang: Even though I've had disagreements with tth2 his collection is unbelievable as well. :baiting:

My goal is to complete more of my JLA, TOS, and X-Men raw runs. And hopefully pick up a few slabbed for my registry sets. :wishluck:

My goal would be to actually get my collection sorted so I can access it better plus find out what I still need.

Wow, I didn't expect to match someone else's goals! Except make that "want" rather than "need".

If I get sorted, my duplicates may be a bonanza for boardies, like the Marvel Super-Heroes 1 I just mailed out at my (cheapskate) cost. I don't really want to deal with the hassles of selling on ebay.

I'm mostly collecting Batman, Detective, Our Army at War, and G.I. Combat.

I'm mostly collecting "misc."

Jack

I'm going to constrain my response to my SIlver Age goals.

I think I'd like to finish off the Marvel #1s I don't have. What I'll be looking for are:

Amazing Spider-Man 1

Avengers 1

Captain Marvel 1

Sub Mariner 1

X-Men 1

ASM and Xmen will probably not get done this year, though. So I guess more realistically I'm going to try to nail down all the rest. Funds are tight at the moment but look to improve toward the end of the year. My primary is still my Boy Comics and Ghost Riders from the GA, though, so that'll impact my SA buying.

I am going to try and finish off my Marvel Keys...

Since May I have acquired:

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spider-man #1, 5, 11, 12, 14 & 39

Journey into Mystery #83

X-men #1

Avengers #1 & 4

Cap #100

FF #10 & 12

x-men #1 - today

I still need these this year:

Fantastic Four #1 & 5

Daredevil #1

Hulk #1 (thought I had this one wrapped up but when it arrived, a huge ad was cut out... :frustrated:)

Tales of Suspense #39

Amazing Spider-man #40 (looking for 8.5 to 9.0 reasonably priced.)

I may try to get a full run of Amazing Adventures # 1 - 6 & Amazing Adult Fantasy # 7 - 14 this year, but with Christmas coming up, the funds will probably be going for presents for my kids... hm

Amazing how many people have mentioned Avengers. Hmmm. Maybe I should rethink my goal for this year. Might be some bidding wars going on for those Avengers keys.

I'm looking to finish my first ten issues, which means finding a number 1, 2, 9 and 10.

My Registry

I followed your link and eventually ended up at this page:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=1633

So, according to that page there are 28000 Universal CGC 10.0 copies of Avengers #4 from 1963? :screwy:

Can that be right???