• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Jim,

You've GOT to put up a website like mine. When I was considering which pedigree I would choose to put another website up about, (if I ever had the time lol ) White Mountain was on the short list.

www.macartistry.com/greenriver

I've got scans or info of about 80% of all the Green Rivers graded by CGC. What's great is that the time period these books come from is exactly the one when I was collecting as a kid.

Red

Jim,

You've GOT to put up a website like mine. When I was considering which pedigree I would choose to put another website up about, (if I ever had the time lol ) White Mountain was on the short list.

I've got scans or info of about 80% of all the Green Rivers graded by CGC. What's great is that the time period these books come from is exactly the one when I was collecting as a kid.

Red

oh i concur. (thumbs u

i would advise beginning with a search on Heritage for White Mountain and pulling every scan you can from there

Jim,

I used to collect TTA and TOS but sold most of them years ago. I have been focusing on the 1950's DC sci-fi titles and have aquired quite a few White Mountain copies. They are beautiful books. Good luck with the Marvels.

Ken

Red, some serious upgrades on the on the database, very impressive!

Thanks. It never stops. It's like a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle.....and I've got about 300 pieces so far.

And it's been a lot of fun!

One of my White Mountains.....and one of my all-time favorite DC sci-fi covers.....

Thanks to Marnin Rosenberg at www.collectorsassemble.com Marnin has a big selection of these.

sa156wm.jpg

Jim,

Red

awesome site, Brad. do you know who owns the GR x-men?

Thanks. I just updated the site with six more scans (bringing the total # of scans to 288) including a gorgeous scan of Journey into Mystery #125 submitted by boardmember rtarturo!

As for the X-Men (which are very hard to find.....)

I own issue #40 (purchased from Steve Ritter) and a reallly nice unslabbed copy of #14 that I bought from Namisgr a while back, at the Baltimore con in 2005.

The slabbed copy of #8 was sold by Matt Nelson on Ebay a couple of months ago, and he did say that he had pressed the cover to remove a couple of dents. Even though, I popped a healthy bid on it, but lost out.

X-men #16 was in Comiclinks Registry set.

Check the details at the bottom of this page......

http://www.macartistry.com/greenriver/cgcdatatablemarvel.html with links to a couple of duplicate copies.

Brad

I own 10 White Mountain books, eight Marvels, a DC and an EC. To make matters a bit complicated, there are a few WM books lacking the penned purchase date on the front cover. The two shown here are verified as from the pedigree, as the former was acquired from Marnin Rosenberg (who owned the entire WM MIS run), and the latter comes with the Sotheby's WM auction sticker. Both have the characteristic purchase date stamp on the splash page, and the WM smell of mothballs + fresh newsprint.

MIS61.jpg

TTA48.jpg

I want to put all the 12 cent Marvel Superhero books from the White Mountain collection back together.

That was a close call. :grin:

Good luck on your hunt!