• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

Thanks guys...BTW Nik I'm pretty sure you spend more on books than I do. Unfortuantely I have to buy when they come up. It might be 6 months til another White Mountain shows up :)

Jim

You make is sound more like a compulsion than a choice!

No definitely a choice. All I'm saying is sometimes when a dozen come up or so at the same time, it's either jump on them or lose them perhaps forever. So although it looks like I'm on a buying spree, I've had since last October to save up since that was the last time I bought a book.

Jim

Here is my small contribution to this White Mountian thread..

Enjoy!

Bill

Wow, those are some great prehero books (worship)

Thanks! I had some really nice WM copies of FORBIDDEN WORLDS - but I soldem to Metro 15 years ago for a mere bag of shells... :cry:

Thanks guys...BTW Nik I'm pretty sure you spend more on books than I do. Unfortuantely I have to buy when they come up. It might be 6 months til another White Mountain shows up :)

Jim

Jim, well there was time to move before me, but I just nabbed a WM TTA off the clink, #40 9.2 with some credit I had there. It's a favourite issue of mine, and I've had a 9.2 before, but the WM copy well and truly out stripped my previous 9.2 in condition overall .

Plus Doug popped his PC 9.4 up for a sale a month or so back, asking $5,000 :olol . So for saving over $3,500 I get a stunning WM copy that looks fantastic....me thinks your onto something here hm

p.s this wasn't an isolated case...but I'm not your Goony, to your Red, so sleep easy big guy. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Seriously though, i went and compared scan's and the WM 9.2 outstrip's my old 9.2 severely, do you think the WM could go a resub, especially as your's as the near twin.... or just a 9.3 contender that caught the graded on a bad day hm

Gotta get this thread back to the top of the Boards...today was a three different packages day...yay :)

WM J.I.M. #107

WMJIM107.jpg

WM J.I.M. # 120

WMJIM120.jpg

WM Thor #139

WMThor139.jpg

WM Thor #149

WMThor149.jpg

and a lowly Tales to Astonish #70

WMTTA70.jpg

Thanks to FinFangFoom for three of the Thor books and Red for showing me the Thor #139, I never would have checked Rob Hughes' site. The TTA was acquired via Ebay but I do appreciate the half dozen PM's I received from forum members who showed me the auction.

Jim

Jim, on your journal you say only a small portion of the WM's are actually slabbed. Has that changed much recently, do you see other guys slabbing them and bringing them to the market...like the CC auction recently??

According to my info, those WM FF's in the auction were indeed all newer slabs with the purpose of resale the likeliest intention. It's the only newer slabs I have seen. When it comes to slabbing the FF's, ASM's, Journey into Mysterys and TTA's are well represented. Not one single TOS slab exists except for the 9.6 #39. The rest it seemes have just fallen off of the earth. Same with Daredevil, not one single WM slab. About a half dozen X-Mens are slabbed. A couple of Iron Mans, a couple of Caps, couple of Subbys etc.

Jim