• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What character did you play as a kid!?

58 posts in this topic

(excluding a couple of fingers from slamming on lowered basketball rims).

Yeah, those 5 foot rims are brutal ! foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif good one!

Actually I could throw down on 8' to 8' 1/2" pretty good.

It was loads of fun! I welted up my arm something fierce because I get carried away!

Here is a related story, but I wasn't a kid. I was 28...went to play basketball with some local kids and a guy i worked for....all the 14-15 kids jumping at the net, me remembering that at 18, I could hit the rim..not bad for a kid only 5' 8..so I get a running start, jump at the rim, and hear a huge "pop"....jumping up and having my legs come out from underneath me, I slammed into the pavement. Long story short, I end up in surgery with ruptured patella tendon (holds the knee cap in place) - 8 weeks physical therapy, 4 weeks out of work, etc....has never been the same....

....and "Rock Man" ("Thing" did not stick)

Too funny.......we used to call him "Rock Man" too.

My arm looked like a cartoon!... like I slammed it down on a triangle and the arm held that shape.

Man.....I'm sorry......but the way you described that made me laugh my arse off. 27_laughing.gif

(excluding a couple of fingers from slamming on lowered basketball rims).

Yeah, those 5 foot rims are brutal ! foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif good one!

Actually I could throw down on 8' to 8' 1/2" pretty good.

It was loads of fun! I welted up my arm something fierce because I get carried away!

Here is a related story, but I wasn't a kid. I was 28...went to play basketball with some local kids and a guy i worked for....all the 14-15 kids jumping at the net, me remembering that at 18, I could hit the rim..not bad for a kid only 5' 8..so I get a running start, jump at the rim, and hear a huge "pop"....jumping up and having my legs come out from underneath me, I slammed into the pavement. Long story short, I end up in surgery with ruptured patella tendon (holds the knee cap in place) - 8 weeks physical therapy, 4 weeks out of work, etc....has never been the same....

You win Mike...Ouch!

Hitting the rim at 5'8" is very good... I'm just short of 5'7" and could never reach it (without a trampoline, but that's another story)...but I came very close.

I used to get really banged around too (minor flesh wounds) because I have a below average jumper and drove the lane all the time... but I love crashing into people and dished out WAY more than I took. People would start to get out of my way a little because they knew I had no problem crashing into them.

27_laughing.gif .. I guess I have a "Hulk Basketball" mentality sumo.gif

....and "Rock Man" ("Thing" did not stick)

Too funny.......we used to call him "Rock Man" too.

My arm looked like a cartoon!... like I slammed it down on a triangle and the arm held that shape.

Man.....I'm sorry......but the way you described that made me laugh my arse off. 27_laughing.gif

its OK.. it was funny... looking! Broken in 2 spots and looking like a heart beat on a monitor

27_laughing.gif

...darn super-villains that move!

Since I had kids, we made up new heroes...

My daughter Nikole and I would have adventures in the living room as (drum roll)... Towel-Man and Blanky-Girl!!! Limited costume material... so we were just poorly dressed heroes with a huge blanket/towel acting as a cape/hood combo.

After that I became... BlueberryMan! "defender of all that was blue!"

I sported Blue Sweats and a Blue full-face winter hat. BlueberryMan's weakness was love (hugs and kisses) and his arch-rivals (2 li'l supervillain-ettes.. Nikole and Brielle) would torture poor BlueberryMan into submission.. which meant a desert of some sort. Good times man grin.gif

Six years old, circa-1970, I played Batman with a towel-cape safety pinned around my neck. Luckily, I had a younger brother who got to be Robin.

At this time, all I knew if Batman was from the TV series. I'd never seen a Batman comic at the time. And to make matters worse, the show was on at the same time as Sesame Street which my brother always wanted to watch. There were some royal battles over the TV set in the household in those days.

lol....this is pretty funny! I would be either Mr. Fantastic or "The Rock" (Thing) as I had an old Pocketbook that reprinted issues #1-6, and my friend and I would act out the issues (Invisible Girl was not present grin.gif). I would also be Batman and my friend would be Robin. We'd act out the TV episodes!

Chris

My favorite was probaly being ultraman, & i would use a round wooden block for my "Beta Capsule" Athough my older brother usually forced me to be the bad guy, so more often i ended up being that crabby-lobstery monster & HE was ultraman. Same with Spidey i was either Spidey, OR forced into being Mysterio and or the Lizard (They were my favorites from the old cartoon). We did a lot of generic cowboys & indians too, i wonder if kids still play that, i doubt it! We had a great set of capguns that looked like colts. And of course when Star Wars came out, well then it was ALL star wars. By that time HE wanted to be the villain so he was always darth vader, & i was either Luke or Han, depending on if i wanted to use my lightsaber or my blaster. and then that was it....no more..... frown.gif

now i sometimes role play in the bedroom though, but i'll keep those characters to myself! blush.gifgrin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif893whatthe.gif

Great stories!

I had three pair of underoos I think...Bats, Supes and Iron Man..

My father caught me riding nothing but by Bats underoos on my bike in the yard once. Those and a towel... grin.gif

Hey, I was having fun until he yanked me off the bike and told me to get inside and get some damn clothes on... frown.gif

Great stories!

My father caught me riding nothing but by Bats underoos on my bike in the yard once. Those and a towel... grin.gif

Hey, I was having fun until he yanked me off the bike and told me to get inside and get some damn clothes on... frown.gif

BTW.. Great Idea for a thread Kevin! 5 stars for you boss. It was cool remembering that stuff... except the broken arm thing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

we probably know which 2 forumites most likely owned Wonder Woman underoos, but we DEFINITELY know who used to go out in public with them, covered up with only a pair of short shorts!

we probably know which 2 forumites most likely owned Wonder Woman underoos, but we DEFINITELY know who used to go out in public with them, covered up with only a pair of short shorts!

confused-smiley-013.gif

You're just pizzed off cause they didn't make Lois Lane underoos Darth,...It just wasn't the same when you put on your mother's bra and panties and ran around the backyard crying "Save me Superman, save me!!", was it?

J.D.

You're just pizzed off cause they didn't make Lois Lane underoos Darth,...It just wasn't the same when you put on your mother's bra and panties and ran around the backyard crying "Save me Superman, save me!!", was it?

J.D.

893applaud-thumb.gif NICE! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great stories!

You forgot to mention that you 21 yrs old at the time....

Six years old, circa-1970, I played Batman with a towel-cape safety pinned around my neck. Luckily, I had a younger brother who got to be Robin.

At this time, all I knew if Batman was from the TV series. I'd never seen a Batman comic at the time. And to make matters worse, the show was on at the same time as Sesame Street which my brother always wanted to watch. There were some royal battles over the TV set in the household in those days.

yeah, i did that bigtime...and not to mention that I tried numerous times to get the whole "walking up the wall with nothing but a rope thing" ....finally around the time that I got to college, I finally gave up...i'm actually thinking about giving it another go.... 27_laughing.gif