• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me Cool Female Characters of the Golden Age!
1 1

437 posts in this topic

hm I didn't see it that way (tsk)

Here's a clear splash by Mitzi. On the next page she jumps in to rescue the would-be suicidee -

Does that say "Modles"?

GCD says Matt Baker. I wouldn't have guessed it, but I can believe it. Maybe it's more convincing when Mitzi climbs out of the water.

Jack

Here's a clear splash by Mitzi. On the next page she jumps in to rescue the would-be suicidee -

Does that say "Modles"?

GCD says Matt Baker. I wouldn't have guessed it, but I can believe it. Maybe it's more convincing when Mitzi climbs out of the water.

Jack

"Movies" :makepoint:

Admit it, you just wanted to see the second page. :whistle:

44613-Movie3-MitziPage2s.jpg.8d526e5b5a9db556b7bc6074c0cad231.jpg

Does that say "Modles"?

Jack

"Movies" :makepoint:

doh!

That fancy font is genuinely hard to read on my monitor!

Admit it, you just wanted to see the second page. :whistle:

Now, would I do that?

We have a "Wet Business Suit Contest" winner! And she didn't even kick off her stiletto heels.

But any gal from Possum Hollow would say, "Possum Holler Gal Scouts"! Is Mitzi a Kentucky gal?

This page looks more like Baker to me.

Nice foresight for the suicidal writer to keep his failed manuscript in a waterproof pouch.

Thanks!

Jack

The first Mitzi page had me doubting Baker art, but the last two panels on the second page are classic Baker. When did this book come out?

June 1947. Here's some more classic Baker look in that story. I also find that Baker has a particular way to portray women running and he loves to show women's knees when they are sitting on the floor / desk / grass / ... -

44614-Movie3-Mitzi3.jpg.e04b78d92ad3ac165dfc2a421202f8cc.jpg

The first Mitzi page had me doubting Baker art, but the last two panels on the second page are classic Baker. When did this book come out?

June 1947. Here's some more classic Baker look in that story. I also find that Baker has a particular way to portray women running and he loves to show women's knees when they are sitting on the floor / desk / grass / ... -

June 47? He was at his best around then. Did he get a bad inker for this story perhaps?

nice to know she is on our side....

That's a great Russ Heath LORNA.

Please share the story behind you getting it!

thanks,

Bill

back in my atlas day i always loved the covers to Lorna and Jann.......l-o-n-g time ago the original art for this cover was for sale....my favorite of the run.....before i was into OA....anyway, last time in SD a couple years ago...i commissioned this cover from Russ.....also loved his western covers...but he did a terrific job on this one particularly the shading of color.....jon

nice to know she is on our side....

That's a great Russ Heath LORNA.

Please share the story behind you getting it!

thanks,

Bill

back in my atlas day i always loved the covers to Lorna and Jann.......l-o-n-g time ago the original art for this cover was for sale....my favorite of the run.....before i was into OA....anyway, last time in SD a couple years ago...i commissioned this cover from Russ.....also loved his western covers...but he did a terrific job on this one particularly the shading of color.....jon

That's a fantastic recreation. Looks better than the original!!! Always liked the Lorna covers!!!!

It would seem that being attractive and packing heat is a pretty good combination to influence men. hm

Thanks for posting the splash page as well! (thumbs u