• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FedEx has "Lost" my Books. Good Wishes are Needed

101 posts in this topic

I just found out from Matt Nelson that two of my books have been "lost" by FedEx on their way to CGC. They are sure that they can find it, but they aren't sure where it is :pullhair: The books in question are my Captain Marvel Adventures #18 and my Wow #57 Mile High. Matt is supposed to get back to me tomorrow as to what FedEx has found. Until then I'm sitting here on pins and needles. I've never had a package lost in the mail before and for the first one to be this valuable is upsetting. The package is insured so I won't lose out on the money, but the Mile High is irreplaceable.

Hopefully I'll get a good word tomorrow :wishluck: and hopefully it comes earlier in the day.

Fed Ex will probably find it, I would worry less than you are. Baring a plan or truck crashing, or outright theft - its bound to turn up.

yeah...we ship 50,000+ orders a year via UPS , fedex and the PO, so I get to see the whole spectrum of "errors"...likely just mis-scanned, or still on a truck or on the floor, etc

99.9% of the time they show up

rick

Wow #57 Mile High

:o

Good Luck on getting it back!

This happened to me once in 2005, and once only.....and it all worked out ( even thought it really sucks! ). All carriers due to their tracking can pinpoint the last stop the packgage made along the way, and they can do a "manual search" of the trucks/warehouse at that location.

In my case, a $10,000 comic was lost by registered mail....$10,000!!! ....supposedly the safest way to ship anything in the US. The package was last verified in Washington DC on its way to Baltimore, and a manual search found it on a table near the "cage" where registered mail is supposed to be locked up during all times it is not in route with a driver. SCARY time for me......but I had a happy ending, I'm sure you will too! :wishluck:

Steve

Were your books pressed?

They were. I know it's a tough subject on the boards, but I personally don't have a problem with it and do intend for them to stay in my collection so (shrug)

And yes, if/when I sell them it will be disclosed. You guys already know so there's not secret there :)