• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

What's the difference if he has $10,000 worth of $50 to $200 CA X-Men and $10,000 worth of $500-$5,500 SA X-Men? If anything, he can now get a larger chunk of his money back with fewer sales if the need ever arose.

The difference is that as a copper collector, 10K would be the end of it. With SA X-Men in 9.6+, 10K is just a drop in the bucket and he's already fine with the idea of having at least 30K+ tied up in books(and that's just for issues 30-66).

But whatever, it's not my money. (shrug)

Its still Danny :sumo:

I really think they need to replace your second custom title now. I mean if selling off your entire CA X-Men run isn't interesting enough, then I don't know what else you could do.

A trick with fire comes to mind. hm

What's the difference if he has $10,000 worth of $50 to $200 CA X-Men and $10,000 worth of $500-$5,500 SA X-Men? If anything, he can now get a larger chunk of his money back with fewer sales if the need ever arose.

The difference is that as a copper collector, 10K would be the end of it. With SA X-Men in 9.6+, 10K is just a drop in the bucket and he's already fine with the idea of having at least 30K+ tied up in books(and that's just for issues 30-66).

30K? You may want to raise that figure. :gossip:

Hence my advice earlier. I think Danny is a smart guy and will be fine though.

There are a lot of "smart" people who end up in a lot of trouble, financially. Self-control and intellect are not the same things. Credit companies thrive on that fact.

30K? You may want to raise that figure. :gossip:

Yeah, I was being conservative. I multiplied 1K(9.6) x 30 issues, though I realize that many of those issues would command more than 1K in grade.

Its still Danny :sumo:

Danny I take my hat off to you, I now realize this was all just a vehicle for you to increase your post count. You sly dog you!

(worship)

I think your new title should be "I did something interesting, so get off my back"

And I mean that with utmost respect.

Ze-

This is not something I plan on completing in one year (shrug)