• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

i wouldve kept the CA run and start another SA run. The time and effort you put into that CA run, it was worth keeping. just my opinion.

My thoughts exactly.

Seemed like an awful lot of work to jettison so quickly... especially since you liked the books so much. (shrug) The Copper run, while not super rare or expensive, was your badge and you wore it proudly.

That pretty much covers what I was thinking. The accomplishment and being able to look back at the history of each book makes them all more worth keeping, IMHO.

lol. You already pulled the trigger, Danny. Too late to go back, even if you wanted to, so enjoy the books you now have.

For my $.02, I would rather have X-men 144-300 in VF+ AND the HG silver age books you now have, than just 144-300 in 9.8. A copper book in 9.8 is neat, but not entirely impressive. Whereas a SA book in 9.6 / 9.8 is really really impressive.

regardless, I hope you will pop over to my and Jon's office one day with your new books so we can oggle them. Then we can convince you to sell them in favour of starting your impending GA collection. :)

Depends on how you are looking at it Danny, from a valuation standpoint, there's no question it's the wise move to go to HG Silver. But if you collected for nostalgia, SA will not hold the same attachment as you won't derive the same joy out of looking at the covers since you don't remember them from childhood.

I like SA X-men though, you will find, are common as well -- even in HG -- so long as you have the money to do it. 9.6 might be tough, but if you go to 9.2, it shouldn't be that hard.

Fixed.

Personally, I can barely imagine selling any of the books in my collection, no matter how easy they are to replace (and believe me, almost nothing is difficult to find). My extra junk, on the other hand, has to start going ASAP, and even that is almost hard to part with.

Copper no more..............

Flee needs to make a gif putting MK in lue of Spider-Man cover of ASM 50 and have him turning his back on CA books.

hm

My thoughts have been pretty much covered by everyone else. You were proud of and loved the comics that you sold more then anyone. So it's strange and a bit sad to see you drop them so quickly. But you can get most of them raw in the same grade for a buck or two. Bittersweet?

You don't really have any obvious connection to the comics that you are going after. And as far as SA, this isn't the best stuff. Other then the previously stated Steranko and Adams issues, it is very average. So you are really spending the money for those little labels. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. As far as long term financial investment, ultra high grade SA is the better bet then what you had. But there are other SA runs that are of better quality and historically more significant. But you obviously love mutants....uh, X-men.

So how do you feel? That's the real question. Good luck in the future!

William

Not to get all Confucius like on you, but

The books are gone, questioning the matter afterwards can only lead to sellers remorse. While hearing what we think about it may help you assuage your fears, in the end you made a decision and it is now water under the bridge.

You tackled your first CA X-Men Registry hurdle with aplomb, and if you still have a fire in the belly to work on another HG run is a question only you can answer. Don't do it just to fill the void for the one you sold. Do it because you want to, and it is fun for you again.

But we will always remember you as that CA X-Men guy. (thumbs u

Ze-fucius

(:

Where's the crack option!! doh!

I never understood why anyone would want a bunch of 9.8 Moderns (Copper, whatever.....). To me it reeks of label-chasing, something I despise. I know you say that wasn't the motiviation. And I believe you. But I still don't quite get it. Nor do I need to. I'm sure you don't get why I covet romance and Supergirl and Legion books.

However, it was a pretty cool run if that's what you're into. I can't understand why you would stop when so close to completion. It's like punting when you have a first and goal on the 2.

Either way, good luck with the next monumental challenge! Acquiring those coppers will seem like a bargain compared to what you're after.

And, by the way, last year I parted with my Skull the Slayer collection and noone even cared. (shrug)

Not to get all Confucius like on you, but

The books are gone, questioning the matter afterwards can only lead to sellers remorse. While hearing what we think about it may help you assuage your fears, in the end you made a decision and it is now water under the bridge.

You tackled your first CA X-Men Registry hurdle with aplomb, and if you still have a fire in the belly to work on another HG run is a question only you can answer. Don't do it just to fill the void for the one you sold. Do it because you want to, and it is fun for you again.

But we will always remember you as that CA X-Men guy. (thumbs u

Ze-fucius

(:

I dunno, if he has fire in the belly he should just have some Tums.

It's cheaper.

lol, this place gives me a headache sometimes, should I take an aspirin or just turn off the PC?

(:

Ze-

lol, this place gives me a headache sometimes, should I take an aspirin or just turn off the PC?

(:

Ze-

:gossip: The press. Put your head in it. Headache be gone.

As Sterling said totally your call regardless of what others may say.

Bottom line is, in a short period I am confident with some hunting and searching you could come up with another Raw run of the books you sold for a hell of lot less then what you sold them for. I highly doubt the same could be said of what you are currently searching for.

He asked for an opinion though so how can you discount what people are saying? (shrug)

Dude, just collect whatever you like. So your tastes changed...overnight lol If the Copper X-books aren't your passion anymore, go with what is. Once that gets old, find another book/age to collect. One day you'll find a series/age that keeps that passion and drive going day after day, and everything will be good in the world (thumbs u

I don't know why you are really interested in everyone's lame opinion. The purpose of this hobby is to collect the books you enjoy in the way that you want to collect them. Furthermore, this should be the last place where anyone should have to defend their reasoning for collecting, regardless of title, grade or age. :sumo: