• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we need a "who are the good guys" posted thread in the marketplace.

173 posts in this topic

BTW, I love the selling forum, as a buyer and a seller...and I'm just going to say what I always told my staff...1% of the people you deal with are just going to be crazy...don't let that color the other 99 percent, who are really just the same as we are..

just slightly crazy..;) .

Do we need a "who are the good guys" posted thread in the marketplace

Well, this may not be a popular sentiment...and I totally understand where Collin is coming from...but honestly I would rather leave the system as it is rather than implement most of these ideas, any of which sound like a fair amount of work, would discriminate against newer members, and still wouldn't be foolproof. And I say this as a seller who's experienced the same headaches with NPBs, etc from time to time that everyone is complaining about.

98% of my sales here have been GREAT....so overall not perfect, but good enough for me to live with the other 2%. Just one fellow's opinion. (shrug)

Well, I kinda agree with Jon on this one. Maybe what we need though is to clean up the Kudos and Probation Threads? It IS hard to sort through all of it, so maybe if once a year we get a new thread for each but with links to each of the prior threads that might work? :shrug:

Well, I kinda agree with Jon on this one. Maybe what we need though is to clean up the Kudos and Probation Threads? It IS hard to sort through all of it, so maybe if once a year we get a new thread for each but with links to each of the prior threads that might work? :shrug:

I agree...we need a new Kudos thread and archive the old one...

Jim

Could this be done as a poll? Could we set up everyones names on a poll and everytime you have a positive experience you click on the name. Same thing for negatives. Keep a seperate poll for negs.

the problem with all these admittedly interesting ideas is that none of them will keep a seller from having a bad transaction. sure, it might shame the occasional person from showing their face any longer, but that's closing the barn door after the horses have left.

you can't ban people from using the :takeit: unless we figure out a way to prescreen buyers, and even then, that's far from any sort of guarantee (shrug)

True...but no seller is obliged to sell to that boarder without certain stipulations being abided by.

Going through my current krap, I'm all in for some sort of system...just a question of which would be best. (thumbs u

hm Actually... I think this might work. Each of us posts a poll about ourselves- "Positive Seller / Negative Seller" and "Positive Buyer / Negative Buyer" and then our customers/sellers submit their vote.

One stipulation I would suggest is to keep it free of additional commentary to avoid sprawling threads like what we currently have.

the problem with all these admittedly interesting ideas is that none of them will keep a seller from having a bad transaction. sure, it might shame the occasional person from showing their face any longer, but that's closing the barn door after the horses have left.

you can't ban people from using the :takeit: unless we figure out a way to prescreen buyers, and even then, that's far from any sort of guarantee (shrug)

True...but no seller is obliged to sell to that boarder without certain stipulations being abided by.

Going through my current krap, I'm all in for some sort of system...just a question of which would be best. (thumbs u

Sorry (((Nick))) cause you should not have to go throught that...

Just a question, is the reason there is 30 days to pay, because people here expect that some people might have to sell something before they can buy? I mean...why isn't it 10 days, or 2 weeks? Unless there are prior arrangements...why not say, as a general statement, do not post the :takeit: unless you can pay in 10 days? Or are people afraid it would discourage buyers? I never mind if people pay ou as long as I know beforehandt, but that's just my personal circumstances..

Just a question, is the reason there is 30 days to pay, because people here expect that some people might have to sell something before they can buy? I mean...why isn't it 10 days, or 2 weeks? Unless there are prior arrangements...why not say, as a general statement, do not post the :takeit: unless you can pay in 10 days? Or are people afraid it would discourage buyers? I never mind if people pay ou as long as I know beforehandt, but that's just my personal circumstances..

It's all going to depend on who it is...

Some boarders have run tabs with me for months...without a problem. With international shipping, it's just sensible to fill the one box.

Other boarders, though...I'm actually thinking of insisting that newbies, or certain individuals, make payment on books within the day, or the book goes back on the market. They can sort out shipping later, and add other books if they want, but for each :takeit:, I'll be wanting the cost of the book in my Paypal account within 24.

Just a question, is the reason there is 30 days to pay, because people here expect that some people might have to sell something before they can buy? I mean...why isn't it 10 days, or 2 weeks? Unless there are prior arrangements...why not say, as a general statement, do not post the :takeit: unless you can pay in 10 days? Or are people afraid it would discourage buyers? I never mind if people pay ou as long as I know beforehandt, but that's just my personal circumstances.

I agree, I wouldn't even post the :takeit: guy if I wasn't able to pay in the next ten minutes or so (shrug)

Some boarders have run tabs with me for months...without a problem. With international shipping, it's just sensible to fill the one box.

Other boarders, though...I'm actually thinking of insisting that newbies, or certain individuals, make payment on books within the day, or the book goes back on the market. They can sort out shipping later, and add other books if they want, but for each :takeit:, I'll be wanting the cost of the book in my Paypal account within 24.

I wouldn't trust myself with running up a tab.

Me neither.

You're on the 24 hour list... :grin:

Me neither.

Thankfully, you have listed anything good in months. :whistle:

In your case I would suggest running with scissors first...

Down the stairs. :P

Me neither.

Thankfully, you have listed everything well for months. :whistle:

Fixed that for you. Mods notified regarding excessive (even for you) trolling.