• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we need a "who are the good guys" posted thread in the marketplace.

173 posts in this topic

After a few more transactions gone bad....and not having enough background/transactions out there with many boardies....

Would it help to have a who would you vouch for thread or a who's honest and worthy to buy from....."not accounting for grading differences".

I know most of the boardies fall within that.....but it'd be nice to have a thread with all board members names...and behind their name, all the other good boardies that would vouch for them...

Each boardie would have their own number...and I'd keep the list of vouchers on the Excel spreadsheet that would get distributed upon request. Maybe post the first two or three vouchers...So if you've got no one to vouch for you, you'd better make good on your transactions and build up a good rep.

ie the thread would have a list that was continually updated....

Comicdey (33).........................................pirate, deamentia, nik

Mutantkey(50)-----------------------------------------comicdey, nik, flamingtelepath

Flaming Telepath(77)...............................etc

Nik (10,000)............................................etc

or someone come up with a better idea

:makepoint:

Seriously though, I think we need to clean/improve that forum before it gets out of hand. It is a great feature to have here and I would hate to see fall to the bottom.

If you ever see me selling anything

you can 100% bank on getting once you

pay for it...

The problem is, I sell very, very little.

The only reason I do sell is to show how it's done

by packing well and shipping fast. Whenever I get

a good deal on stuff that I flip, I usually pass that good

price on down to here.

I just try to be the seller I always wanted to get.

:thumbsup:

After a few more transactions gone bad....and not having enough background/transactions out there with many boardies....

Would it help to have a who would you vouch for thread or a who's honest and worthy to buy from....."not accounting for grading differences".

I know most of the boardies fall within that.....but it'd be nice to have a thread with all board members names...and behind their name, all the other good boardies that would vouch for them...

Each boardie would have their own number...and I'd keep the list of vouchers on the Excel spreadsheet that would get distributed upon request. Maybe post the first two or three vouchers...So if you've got no one to vouch for you, you'd better make good on your transactions and build up a good rep.

ie the thread would have a list that was continually updated....

Comicdey (33).........................................pirate, deamentia, nik

Mutantkey(50)-----------------------------------------comicdey, nik, flamingtelepath

Flaming Telepath(77)...............................etc

Nik (10,000)............................................etc

or someone come up with a better idea

It would be a real pain in the arse to administer and to keep current, but it seems like it may be necessary.

What comicdey is asking for is a feedback system. Sure I may sell once in awhile but I am 100% reliable and trustworthy, or I could have hundreds of transactions and screw one or two up then I would be 98% but with a greater # of sales behind me.

Not that I am picking on any age group but if an established individual overextends themselves for $50 to $100 thats really not a big deal and a few payments on a CC and its done. A teenager on a very limited budget gets hit with an impulse buy for a $100 book and their is no way they can pay unless they beg, borrow, steal or sell existing books.

I like the points system similat ro paypal (verified with 180 transactions) only problem one person handling this spreadsheet would get innundated with work. It would be a full time job.

It would be nice if the mods had a "shame on you" greamlin that was applied to your sig if you failed to close a deal that stayed for a week/month. This would alert buyers/sellers that someone did not live up to their word.

Just a rant on my part but what can be done?

It would be nice if the mods had a "shame on you" greamlin that was applied to your sig if you failed to close a deal that stayed for a week/month. This would alert buyers/sellers that someone did not live up to their word.

This isn't likely to happen...

Jim

The Kudos thread is a nice tool for this except its gotten so huge that you really can't search through it. But then again, most of the folks on the hit list have likely received positive kudos at one time or another.

Jim

No, the mods have made it clear they will not get involved in any selling/buying/policing activities.

Jim

No, the mods have made it clear they will not get involved in any selling/buying/policing activities.

Righto... and the goal should be to create a very low profile and headache free system. Too many hassles for our hosts, and that marketplace could simply go bye bye.

I've been on one board (DVDTalk) that had a system I liked. Always seemed a pain to administer though. People would post a +1 for each transaction that went well, buyer or seller. Once a member got to +10, they were considered a Gold Trader. A list of members to avoid was maintained as well. The Kudos thread acts like that now as does the probation thread. However, the $ amounts there were likely far less than being contemplated in some transactions here. I can't remember how Heatware did that feedback system.

I wonder how hard it would be to have two 'for sale' forums. One - the Wild West forum - where everyone could buy and sell and get to know new buyers and sellers. Then two - and Trusted Club forum - where current buyers and sellers of good standing would be grandfathered in and new members would need a certain number of 'invites' from current members. Perhaps members could also be banished back to the Wild West with enough 'uninvites'? Too unweildy for Arch & Co. (shrug)2c

I like comic books, they are fun to read and the covers are pretty.

I'm with him...

Seriously...I've had two people not pay who said they wanted books, one I reluctantly mentioned, only after 2 months and other people had mentioned him...and one..I genuinely believe had personal problems...

So...do we castrate people who want pretty (or unpretty ) books and just screw up?

Hopefully, anyone who sells here, has a return/refund policy...and if they don't..maybe that should be part of the sales rules thread...and as for non payers...

It's tough...it's not nice, personally, if I say I want something, I'm going to pay immediately or not sooner...but it's just not something where you can hang the person by their feet in the town square...

and the feedback system on Ebay is dreadful....I can't see it working any better here...and I can say that as someone who has 1 neg in 8 years...and that was as a buyer...you are going to have a lot of politics going on with a system of rating sellers...

I know that someone else mentioned that only sellers with something to hide would say that, but personally I have nothing to hide...I am just giving my honest opinion.

the problem with all these admittedly interesting ideas is that none of them will keep a seller from having a bad transaction. sure, it might shame the occasional person from showing their face any longer, but that's closing the barn door after the horses have left.

you can't ban people from using the :takeit: unless we figure out a way to prescreen buyers, and even then, that's far from any sort of guarantee (shrug)