• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No tracking number from Metropolis? Booooo

52 posts in this topic

Did you email them for the number? I like to be proactive and actually ask them for it when they send my books. (shrug)

No everyone is as anal retentive well organized as you are.

I tell people the tracking number when I send stuff but I'm not going to wait for others who don't. Get off your azz and do it instead of wondering. :banana:

Never got a tracking number on the WW I bought, nor the order before that. (shrug)

Ditto
F U, your books were free so I didn't care if it got to you or not. :whistle:
I have actually purchased books from you in the past
Probably some lame stuff I sent via regular airmail. :eek:

Did you email them for the number? I like to be proactive and actually ask them for it when they send my books. (shrug)

I tell people the tracking number when I send stuff but I'm not going to wait for others who don't. Get off your azz and do it instead of wondering. :banana:

Never got a tracking number on the WW I bought, nor the order before that. (shrug)

Ditto
You will pay June 27,2008

Ditto
Sure, whatever, pipsqueak

Ditto
hm I forgot what this thread was about.

Ditto
Sure, whatever, pipsqueak
Dont forget my b-day present (6/26)

:signfunny:

My 1st deal with Hake's Americana & Collectibles didn't have Tracking either... :(

Granted, the deal went through smoothly, yet I might've expected a bit more on a $250 G.A. CGC? :mad:

... perhaps my recent 2nd deal will be different, well likey not. :P

:signfunny:

My 1st deal with Hake's Americana & Collectibles didn't have Tracking either... :(

Granted, the deal went through smoothly, yet I might've expected a bit more on a $250 G.A. CGC? :mad:

... perhaps my recent 2nd deal will be different, well likey not. :P

Well, I will say that Metropolis does a nice job packaging. I would just send them an e-mail asking for the tracking #. I thought my last package was shipped USPS Are you expecting a shipment from Fed-Ex?

Edited: Sorry, I thought you were the original poster. :shy:

Ditto

You're particularly persnickety today, lemon drops.

Nap Time!! (shrug)

I didn't. But my point was that I shouldn't have to. It's a pretty standard practice for an online business.

I always have problems with FedEx. It's like they hide behind a tree and wait until I leave, then run over and stick that notice on my door.

yep, and no weekend service!

Yes, much better to use the Post Office since they also have premium services with full tracking capability.

I can't stand using UPS since they always put all of their packages through a brokerage house which then requires you to pay the broker's fees in addition to the Customs charges in order to pick up the package. On top of that, the UPS office is generally opened only during business hours and is located way out by the airport. You usually have to take time off work in order to pick up a package from UPS. :(

With the Post Office, you can always pick up your package from the neighbourhood postal outlet. In additon, a lot of the parcels go through with no Customs charges at all. (thumbs u

You didn't send me a tracking number when you sent me that free book. :baiting:

Like I told MK when I sent him some freebies, I don't give a Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? when I am sending someone some freebies. :whistle:

Like I told MK when I sent him some freebies, I don't give a Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? when I am sending someone some freebies. :whistle:

Greggy sent me a tracking number and the book was package beyond expectations.

Not to provide a tracking number could be percieved as a lack of respect for the customer.

Not to mention that it's done for you automatically if you ship via PayPal--it's stored in the transaction.

(thumbs u

I don't think it's too anal retentive to want a tracking number. I just like to know in advance when I supposedly can expect a package, so I can get mentally prepared for missing the FedEx man and having to wait another day or two.

I don't think it's too anal retentive to want a tracking number. I just like to know in advance when I supposedly can expect a package, so I can get mentally prepared for missing the FedEx man and having to wait another day or two.

Then just email them. It's that simple. If they refuse to give it to you, then you have something to gripe about.

Then just email them. It's that simple. If they refuse to give it to you, then you have something to gripe about.

Mayhaps I will, good sir.

Not to provide a tracking number could be percieved as a lack of respect for the customer.

Not to mention that it's done for you automatically if you ship via PayPal--it's stored in the transaction.

You don't want to send a USPS tracking number, unless it's requested, they no longer really provide tracking, just tell you when it's been delivered to the local post office and seeing that the label was printed, and nothing else drives people nuts...(they think it wasn't mailed)

I haven't ordered from Metropolis yet but I have always heard good things. I would have assumed they'd send a tracking number as well.