• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.5

GA ARTISTS POLL  

231 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

164 posts in this topic

I may get blasted for this but I voted for LB Cole and Schomburg. LB Cole because his art seems too simplistic and Schomburg because I could never get used to the way he drew faces, seems like every character he drew looked like Cabbage Patch kids.

No blast from me. No 3rd vote?

Will Eisner.....

doh!

Hack :baiting:

I may get blasted for this but I voted for LB Cole and Schomburg. LB Cole because his art seems too simplistic and Schomburg because I could never get used to the way he drew faces, seems like every character he drew looked like Cabbage Patch kids.

Will Eisner.....

doh!

I like good art :baiting:

Will Eisner.....

doh!

I like good art :baiting:

:censored:

Will Eisner.....

doh!

(tsk)

Will Eisner.....

doh!

That was my reaction too -- and it took me a good 10 minutes to scrape whatever I hacked up off my keyboard.

Jack

Hey, I don't agree with the people that voted for Heath. He's had as many sweet covers in the GA era as in the SA.

I just don't care for Eisner's style. Different strokes for different folks I guess. But I'm the Trooper, you should all fall in line to my way of thinking anyway.

I just don't care for Eisner's style. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I tend to take an artists importance/impact into consideration when voting. I've never collected funny animal books, but I understand the importance/impact of Barks & Kelly. I would never put them in my list of personal favorites, but in the context of this poll I rank them pretty high.

Those jedi mind tricks don't work on me . I like Heath's art, but Eisner is a genius. He redefine the art of comic storytelling. I would put Eisner above all others in this poll.

my 2c

Eisner is top 3 material in my book. (thumbs u

Crandall is way underrated. :cloud9:

Sacrilege...I'd rank Kelly over Barks. :o

When I do the next round I'm going to emphasize this point with really big letters

He was voting them off. Another Eisner vote whoooooo :hi:

Eisner = 2 votes (including one mistake)

Heath = 16 votes (fighting for third place this round)

:baiting:

When I do the next round I'm going to emphasize this point with really big letters

He was voting them off. Another Eisner vote whoooooo :hi:

Eisner = 2 votes (including one mistake)

Heath = 16 votes (fighting for third place this round)

:baiting:

You guys suck. :P

Personally, I think Al Williamson is the most under-rated guy on the list. His art in many ways is just as good as Frazetta's and he is almost lost in the discussion.

williamsonart1.jpg

I know that the discussion is about the artwork, but Holy Fudd!

If Laura were ugly, Doc would have headed off to the golf course and she'd be dead meat. Now there's a nice lesson for the kiddies, presumably written by RIchard Hughes.

Nice-looking story.

Jack

That story is actually from Adv into the Unknown #27. It is beautiful, scan doesn't really do it justice.

That story is actually from Adv into the Unknown #27. It is beautiful, scan doesn't really do it justice.

Here's a little more Williamson (not that I want people not voting for him but we've seen little of his work) -

46085-OutoftheNight1Story2s.jpg.0e2d3f4cff4bcedbf89e5da779cfdf84.jpg

46086-OutoftheNight1Story2Page2s.jpg.14be5bfe5d5198c12f3389c018ab33f0.jpg

46087-OutoftheNight1Story2Page6s.jpg.568e5817740e4ab4f3fc3f05dc5894d4.jpg

46088-OutoftheNight1Story2Page7s.jpg.d0da6b24253cfcd2836b8f81de919b7c.jpg

46089-ForbiddenWorlds5Story5Page2s.jpg.9952ce92ff20525c5db643e0b7cc6887.jpg

46090-ForbiddenWorlds5Story5Page1s.jpg.5daf2e2af07802dd670563d4431b687b.jpg

I'm a huge Williamson fan as well. The only "possible" thing I guess you could hold against him for inclusion here is that sometimes other artists (Frazetta, Krenkel, others) did some or all of the inking over his pencils on some of the classic EC pieces. But Williamson's work is incredible, and stands on its own. He's in my top ten for sure.