• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mmmm...are these the same books?

107 posts in this topic

confused-smiley-013.gif but you could have been part of the gang. Have to re-read the thread again! 893censored-thumb.gif

I do know it was comprised of members of banner's bum buddy crew, but he may not have personally taken part. Just pulled the strings.... gossip.gif

So were you wrong yet once again when you said above, and I quote "I was getting hammered by banner...for comments I made about Sotheby's vs. CGC grading.", or were you simply lying out your @ss yet once again? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what I thought...and I accept your half-@ss apology b/c I want to keep this board civil, but don't let it happen again! 893naughty-thumb.gif

People who doubt my memory will always be incorrect.

Yo foolio - I doubted your memory about 5 posts up, and I was correct and you were incorrect...yet again!! Better sign off before you dig this whole any deeper Joe. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's like shootin' fish in a barrel around here... thumbsup2.gif

popcorn.gif

Yo foolio - I doubted your memory about 5 posts up, and I was correct and you were incorrect...yet again!! Better sign off before you dig this whole any deeper Joe. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

popcorn.gif

Yeah...

"Yeah" you were incorrect again, or "Yeah" it's like shooting fish in a barrel to prove you're a liar? confused-smiley-013.gif

Later Joe...

Nice Work Greg...

The Avengers 4 "may" have been an honest mistake, but this situation is very suspect and requires serious answers. CGG has not answered quite a few hard questions dating back, but will have to address this one.

FWIW, the CGG people claimed to me in an email that they were almost immediately blocked from posting here when they first registered. Unfortunately, I've done the format/reinstall computer thing, and don't have that message anymore. They had intended to visit and speak up for themselves.

popcorn.gif

Yeah...

"Yeah" you were incorrect again, or "Yeah" it's like shooting fish in a barrel to prove you're a liar? confused-smiley-013.gif

Later Joe...

Banner should have never given Bugaboo his password for the forums..... stooges.gif

I see you've taken over from Bug as the Forum's Biggest Stalker? All you do anymore is follow me around, hurl insults, and act like a tool.... and then list a few more books in Marketplace. Repeat as needed.

At least I'm trying to contribute some info rather than just engage in forum fights.

Nice Work Greg...

The Avengers 4 "may" have been an honest mistake, but this situation is very suspect and requires serious answers. CGG has not answered quite a few hard questions dating back, but will have to address this one.

FWIW, the CGG people claimed to me in an email that they were almost immediately blocked from posting here when they first registered. Unfortunately, I've done the format/reinstall computer thing, and don't have that message anymore. They had intended to visit and speak up for themselves.

Nice to get back on topic. This was getting really interesting and I don't know if everything that needs to be said about this topic has been said. JC and banner, please take your discussion and start another post about it.

But, please don't ruin this one.

K? grin.gif

greggy has exposed something pretty serious here guys. mad.gif

Anyone, has it been established that the seller has a connection to CGG?

CGC must be loving this! 27_laughing.gif

Nothing concrete I believe. Smells fishy. Either they're in bed with each other OR the seller is a good restorer OR CGG is incompetent at detecting resto & grading comic books OR a combination of all of the above....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It all points to CGG not being able to detect restoration.

Pressing is allowed and not considered restoration, right?

Very little cleaning was needed, could they be forgiven for not noticing that? Or, in everyone's opinion can minor cleaning like that be or (should be) detected?

Based on what you know of CGC (I don't have any experience) are they pretty good at detecting "minor" cleaning?

(Just trying to look at a few angles here 'cause CGG isn't around to defend themselves. Kinda like going to court without a defense.)

I am asking, 'cause I don't know what's involved in cleaning a comic that is only a little dirty.

As for trimming, well don't know if there's any defense against that. confused.gif

Personally, I don't think they're the same. For one thing, I don't think the guy could have had books sent to him by one seller, then submitted them to CGG, then had them returned, all in less than 10 days. CGG takes about that long on its own, let alone waiting for the buyer/seller to even get the books from his first win (the 121 ended on Sept. 9). Look closer, and you'll see that the CGG 121 and 129 were graded on 9/3, a full week before he even bought the suspected books on Ebay.

Sacmmers can be clever, but I don't think they can have books cleaned, sent off, graded, and returned--all before they even buy them in the first place.

Hawk, you seem to be a proponent of CGG. In the other CGG thread you said you thought they were stricter than CGC. So, once again, which books have you resubbed between the 2 companies and what were the results? Are you basing your assumption on actual experience or wishful thinking? Granted I've only got one example of the opposite of your assertion but it's one more than you've offered so far. You're also dismissing something as fishy as the ASM books pretty easily. If tdcomixncardz is somehow affiliated with CGG, which doesn't seem far fetched based on how much he promotes CGG and only sells CGG books as well as the locational proximity of both being in Eugene, then how difficult would it really be to get the books certified in a matter of a couple of days? It also seems that tdcomixncardz reads these boards and pulled the auctions. Now why would he do that if there was nothing fishy going on???